Viewing 24 posts - 161 through 184 (of 184 total)
  • Alpkit Jones bar copy
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

Charlene was the character, Kylie was the actual person. I’d buy Kylie bars, not so sure about Fu Man Chu

scotroutes

Kylie bar you say?

antigee

It seems slightly xenophobic to begrudge a small – presumably – Chinese man the opportunity to improve his lot by making some curly handlebars. Or have I missed something?

yes but if all 1.38bn Chinese people started to make curly handlebars we could have a problem best to nip it in the bud

BadlyWiredDog

I despair, next you’ll be saying that Fu Manchu isn’t a real name even though he used to work in the kitchen at Lassiters… 😐

tazzymtb

If there is a kylie bar, can we a have a danni bar as well? Similar to the kylie, but cheaper and made of plastic?

Or keeping the neighbours theme a “Helen Daniels loop” like a normal loop that suddenly goes all floppy on the left hand side

adsh
    Free Member

There is no such thing as bad advertising. Slow day at work, I’m just about to look at the Jones website. I would have looked at the Alpkit site but that is now forever tainted by’synergy’.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

scotroutes wins the thread

lyrikal
    Free Member

I’ve been reading this conversation for a while and looking at the bars in question thinking to myself what’s this innovation that everyone is on about, its two bits of alloy tube welded together, hardly rocket science. The real innovation here is getting people to part with so much money for the bars surely. The moustache wearing gent that invented riser bars must be mighty p’d off that all these other companies stole his idea?
    If alpkit had made one before I sold my hybrid I’d have bought it, I’ll never buy a Jones bar at that price.
    Maybe I’m missing something, no doubt I’ll be educated, or excommunicated!

ianpv
    Free Member

Late to the thread, but:

Truss fork, frame bag, funny handlebars. The trip was apparently Adelaide-Darwin in 1914 – 3000km on a fixed, he must’ve been hard as nails!

adsh
    Free Member

^ Tri saddle position too

benp1

Anyone know of any updates on this?

krixmeister

^^And what appears to be a total rip-off of the Scottoiler Cycle thing mounted above the cranks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ben i emailed them a couple of weeks back and asked the script.

they are still working along the idea working towards a solution and basically said watch this space

meanwhile – some new love mud bits popped up . 80 quid SP dynamo hub by the looks of it.

https://www.alpkit.com/featured/love-mud

benp1

Oooo, good value dynamo that!

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Thread resurrection.

A set of the alpkit loops on ebay just now. I do think they look prettier than the Jones versions.

Ebay link

riddoch

I have a eBay search running for jones and there has been quite a few of these pop up now. I make it 16 sales in the last couple of months though quite a few have the same picture. How many prototypes did alpkit get made?

It’s almost as many as loop bars Ton,of this parish, has sold. 🙂

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i have a pair of fu mancu bars i would sell if anyone is looking for some, sponge tape wrapped and extenders fitted (720 instead of 660), come with sponge grips too, mail me if interested

Retrodirect
    Free Member

How many prototypes did alpkit get made?

dunno, but they’re sold out.

I did find it amusing that they were going for £70-80 on ebay while alpkit were stil selling them for £35. I got a set, I couldn’t justify the extra expense for the Jones ones.

ton

It’s almost as many as loop bars Ton,of this parish, has sold.

got 2 brand new pairs sat doing nothing at present.

flange
    Free Member

Either of them black Ton? If so, do you fancy selling?

riddoch

Good grief Ton, did you buy a containers worth 🙂
    660 or 710mm and how much are you looking for if you were considering selling? Asking for a friend.

riddoch

I don’t know if the ones that sold for the high prices were mistaken for Jones though. Kind of suggests that the full RRP of h-bars isn’t far off what the market will bear.

montgomery
    Free Member

Alpkit are apparently launching a couple of new products named after Real Chinese People – bottles of bike cleaning solution called Wishee Washee, and a new saddle designed for all you middle aged STWers with ballsacs like pterodactyl wingflaps, called the Won Hung Lo.

Fu Manchu is a real Chinese name…?

whitestone
    Free Member

Looks like someone’s had a kick up the backside

Viewing 24 posts - 161 through 184 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Jones bar copy’ is closed to new replies.