Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alpkit inflatable mats
  • Mounty_73

I have an oldish Airic mat, which appears to have a leak….struggling to find it.

Can they be submerged in water to help find the leak?

twang
    Free Member

Same problem here. Both of mine leak from tiny pin holes all over it, completely unrepairable. I wonder if this is happens with other makes?

Mounty_73

Thats what I was thinking, so I am not rushing out to buy a new one.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I gave up on mine fairly early on due to a number of leaks around the seams. To be fair, Alpkit did give some good advice regarding fixing them and offer to replace them. I use a foam matt if there’s danger of punctures now.

Marko

Got the T-shirt on these.

Just contact Alpkit. They will provide you with a free-post address to return them. Some early ones have a fault. Alpkit will repair or replace. Total cost to you. . . nowt!

Best customer service in the business.
    Hth
    Marko

charliemort

ditto twang’s problem with mine

ditto marko – full refund provided (and they were a few years old)

Cougar

Hah, no way. I was about to email Alpkit today about a fault on one of my Airics. Cheers!

BadlyWiredDog

Deffo talk to Alpkit. They’ve actually changed factory since the Airic days and the new range – Dozer etc – are apparently high quality. I had some issues with a Fat Airic, but the Dozer has been perfect over six month of use.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve sorted a few flats on an old thermarest using park patches, and a long knife slice (no idea how that happened) using that glue-y stuff you get to repair soft-tops.

And IIRC it was possible to put it in the bath (not sure why it wouldn’t have been!)

Houns

I picked up a ‘demo’ one in their factory sale last year, could see there was a patch on, no probs i thought.

Got home, blew it up, left it over night and it had lost a lot of air. Got it in the bath to check for a leak only to find loads of tiny pin prick holes all over it. Sadly couldn’t return it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit inflatable mats’ is closed to new replies.