Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Alpkit gilets.
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So I finally got around to buying an Alpkit gilet, I’m a 5ft 4″ ish and size 10 and went for the small! OMG it came through this evening I was super excited and when I unwrapped it, well it is ridiculously big. Mr MC who is 5ft 10″ and a 36-38″ chest tried it on with a fleece and t-shirt underneath and it fit him. Have they sent me a men’s small or are Alpkit gilets silly sized? if so, I don’t think i’ll bother swapping it for an XS and they can pay for the postage refund. boooo I’ve been looking forward to getting this for ages ….. 🙁

Thanks.

woody2000

I have the jacket in med, that fits me perfectly at 5’8″ at 80kg. I wouldn’t say they were overly large. Your OH sounds pretty skinny so i’d guess a small would fit him. Maybe you got a mens, but as there’s not much in the way of labelling, who knows!

Stoner
    Free Member

if youve got a problem, Alpkit will sort it. Mistakes happen. Their sizes are pretty normal IMO.

Their filet is my favourite bit of kit. Mrs S and I have to coordinate so we dont always where our gilets at the same time.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I just wondered, as I really like them but don’t erally want to accept an XS if I then also have to return that at my expense! I have e-mailed them and will post it first thing Monday. i had heard they have good customer service! I’m hoping they’ve sent me a men’s as if that is the ladies small .. I don’t know who is out wearing them!!

Mr MC is skinny but he’s also 5ft 10″ so the gilet is down to my knees! I hope it’s wrong as I LOVE them and have wanted one for ages …plus it’s the old lego blue (which I thought was a much nicer colour).

Mackem

Seems a slightly OTT rant for a sizing problem.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Mine is an XL, I am(was) an XL, fits me great. Same with their jeans, good fit, although not the cut I’d normally have.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh it’s not really a rant, it was more disappointment on my part and wondering whether they sizings were a bit whack. I don’t have an issue if they aren’t and it’s a mistake. I’m not complaining about the company it was more a question of sizings and if anyone else had experiencd any “oddness” with them.

There is absolutley no rant here!!

Mackem

sorry.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Alpkits customer services are excellent. Probably just a case of something getting wrongly labelled. I have one and following the size guide on the website the fit is spot one. Have been wearing it loads in the last month or so. Can also say that mine must be nearly three years old and is wearing very well. Could do with a wash but I’m slightly worried I’ll ruin it.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No worries Mackem 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Result it turns out they’ve sent me a man’s gilet phew I was worried about how big it was! Customer service excellent, they e-mailed me a free postage adress to send it back! Let’s hope the ladies small fits next 😉

Spud

Had the same with my wife’s too, can reassure you that the ladies small fits spot on. Luckily we live 10 mins from them so easy to swap! This was a couple of years ago.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Spur do you mind me asking how tall and size your lady is? Thanks

Spud

She’s just under 5’6 and size 12. It’s a nice close fit.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Spud that’s ace thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit gilets.’ is closed to new replies.