Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alpkit Bikepacking Storage
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

I have a few questions around the area of the AlpKit bike packing luggage.

First up, anyone running the framebags with a large 29er on-one inbred? I’m not sure what width to go for. The bike is currently running 1*10, but I’d like to have enough clearance for the option of running a granny ring while touring. Would I get away with a 6cm framebag? I’d obviously like the largest possible for more carrying capacity. Anyone care to comment on any upgrade options they went for? I’m thinking of upgrading to the surgeon opening.

How stable is the Koala seat pack? Do those using one find the unit reasonably stable, or that it constantly moves around, or restricts movement at all?

Also after general feedback of how people find the Kanga? Does this interfere with brake levers, shifters, etc?

bigshep
    Free Member

I’ll give this a free bump if I may.
    Interested in most of these points myself.

NormalMan

If you can’t get any help here, maybe try bearbones bikepacking forum perhaps?

postierich
    Free Member

Koala is stable and I likey!!
    keep forgetting its on sometimes with lots of leg/bag collisions when getting off!

danielgroves
    Free Member

maybe try bearbones bikepacking

I’ll give a little longer over here, then head over there if nothing really comes of the thread.

Koala is stable and I likey!!
    keep forgetting its on sometimes with lots of leg/bag collisions when getting off!

Excellent, thats what I like to hear 😀

disben

I have original editions of koala and kanga.

Koala is used for commuting and is great – means I don’t have to carry a rucksack. fits lunch, couple of items of clothing and my on-call gear.

Used both for a couple of bike packing rides in last 8 months. Kanga is good if linked with the specified dry bags. will fit a sleeping bag plus other stuff quite easily and potentially a roll mat. It does struggle a little with brake hose and gear housings but does work. I have the velcro around the bars at its longest to keep the unit away from the hoses as much as poss.

Koala does move around when you are up out of the saddle but not too bad. the current ones are a slightly different fitting – not sure if better or not.

danielgroves
    Free Member

bigshep: You may be interested to known I posted on bearbones bike packing: http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3293

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Bikepacking Storage’ is closed to new replies.