Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alpine vs. Bfe…
  • phatstanley
    Free Member

Following the recent theft of my only mtb, my lovely paradox, i’ve finally got the best reason to go back to 26.
    my question is: which of these two HT’s has the most room for a tyre in the back?

It’s somewhat academic, as i won’t be able to afford anything for quite some time, but it’s nice to dream…

GEDA
    Free Member

I have an alpine and it has plenty of room for the tyre at the back. I am sure unless you want to run a fat bike both frames will be fine. I love my alpine.

jambon
    Free Member

Hoorah! Another no vote for 29ers.

Sorry about the theft though. 🙁

phatstanley
    Free Member

Hoorah! Another no vote for 29ers.

it’s funny…i stayed with the 29er thing through a redline monocog, an on one inbred and then the paradox cuz it was cheaper than building new wheels. had my eyes on a troof or bagger, but they seem to have gone the way of the druids.

also, the OCD level of interest in short wheelbases in 29ers means that space for big rubber is limited in the kinds of frames i can actually afford. plus, i’m tired of the (still) rather limited offerings in tubes and tyres for 29ers, esp. compared to 26″. it’s gotten better, but it’s still relatively poor…

and now with the 650 size, man, the industry really is taking the mick. but as long as people think it’s the bike and not the rider, they’ll be able to keep rolling out the innovations.

my other main issue now is whether to ditch square tapers and middleburns that i’ve relied on for the past few years. 😕

boohoo…woe is me. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alpine vs. Bfe…’ is closed to new replies.