Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Alpine trip photos
  • solamanda
    Free Member

11 resorts in two weeks…

fozzybear
    Free Member

Andy?? from trailaddiction?
    works in afan bike shop now? is solamanda = andy?

solamanda
    Free Member

I'm David. Yes, the same andy came with.

fozzybear
    Free Member

I was asking about andy last week in TA, guys said i just missed him. I saw him in Afan a few weeks back was chatting to you about him move to afan.

i rode with him (andy)last year for a day in TA, he was off the bike more than on it 😉 (comedy crashes and off's)
    (edit after your edit 😉 )

sheldona
    Free Member

Looks shite Davross

Conor
    Free Member

Where is the wind and rain?

freeridenick
    Free Member

scwheet – I am off down to the alps on Thursday

solamanda
    Free Member

What is wind and rain?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

WOAH

woodey
    Free Member

Hello mate

The Pila photos realy show up the amount of dust, sure I've still got some left in my lungs…..

Did you prefer Sestriere or Suaze d'Oulx?

Ben

solamanda
    Free Member

Hi Ben, infact I'd say the photos still don't do the dust justice! Sauze D'Oulx had 'better' trails but they were more abused and full of numpty slow Italian locals. Sestriere was hilarious as it was almost all 'new' with grass still covering much of the trails. Totally deserted. They only used half the hill with the final descent on a fireroad which was a shame. Sestriere is a great show case on how to mark up a new trail for a bike park. Great use of natural terrain and the shape of the hill.

woodey
    Free Member

Sestriere it is then next week…….more meetings ;0)

BTW we didn't do the T trail at La Thuile, the older chap I met at the bar on the sunday before had done it and liked it a lot.

coffeeking
    Free Member

That photo looks remarkably similar to oen of the sections of trail at Les Arc, over the back toward Arc2000/19XX I think?

Tracey

Pics look good, Setting off tomorrow for 2 weeks vwith Bike Verbier. Thinking of doing Pila on one of the days off, is it worth the travel

Tracey

solamanda
    Free Member

we didn't do the T trail at La Thuile, the older chap I met at the bar on the sunday before had done it and liked it a lot.

Ah, we were confused it has to be said. We did the hour climb and almost the entire descent was fireroad! An hour of fireroad descent!! We were not amused!

Coffeeking, do you mean la varda? There are bits in La Grave that are similar.

Thinking of doing Pila on one of the days off, is it worth the travel

I wouldn't have said so, the bike park is ok, good WC dh track but pretty dam knarly in places. The 16k singletrack down to Aosta is the best part but its just too dam dusty, it would need a couple days hard rain and then ridden in to 'fix' it. La Thuile down the road is a much better bet.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ooo, that looks proper rubbish.

Its terrible when your holiday turns out bad like that.

8)

woodey
    Free Member

"Ah, we were confused it has to be said. We did the hour climb and almost the entire descent was fireroad! An hour of fireroad descent!! We were not amused!"

B*gger, sorry, he reckoned it was a mule track/singletrack and technical.

I'll spill his espresso if I see him again…..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Alpine trip photos’ is closed to new replies.