Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alpine Logistics: How to Get from Les Arcs to Martigny
  • DavidM
    Free Member

As title really. WHat is the best way from Les Arcs to Martigny, and then on to Zurich on public transport. The DB website is telling me a 12 hour, 6 change trainride is best, however Martigny – Zurich is a breezy 3 hour train, so there must be a way to get from Les Arcs to Martigny in less than 9 hours….

And yes, I appreciate there is a big mountain in the way

DavidM
    Free Member

Ker-bump? Anyone?

luffy105
    Free Member

To be fair, unless you drive it then no. 9 hours is about right.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Do you have to go to Martigny ? Without sounding condescending the “crow flies” distance looks short but due to layout of mountains it’s a long way round especially on public transport.

I’ll have a quick look for you but you might be better getting a transfer connection to say Geneva Airport (it has a train station too) then it’s an hour to Martigny if you have to go there or a 3hr ish train ride direct to Zurich

luffy105
    Free Member

LA to GVA is a bit of a pain in the arse too unless you get the bus. Not cheap though.

DavidM
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Bus to Geneva and then on to Zurich might be a decent option. It feels like going over to Aosta and then over the San Bernadino or through the tunnel would be a quick way, but it seems not.

chrssmale
    Free Member

I’ve always got the Altibus from Geneva to Tignes.
    Last year I think it was about 70 euro for a single journey. About 4 buses run each day and direct from Bourg St Maurice to Geneva

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alpine Logistics: How to Get from Les Arcs to Martigny’ is closed to new replies.