Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Aline coaching Sheffield.
  • docrobster
    Free Member

Anyone used them?
    Thinking of getting a day’s coaching for a mate’s 40th present.
    It’s probably a choice between Ed Oxley and these guys.
    Living in Sheffield the possibility of not having to travel appeals.
    Any experiences would be gratefully received.
    Cheers

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    docrobster
    Free Member

Well I had found the website, was wondering if anyone had actually used them?

tiff
    Free Member

Just noticed this post and can definitely recommend them, excellent coaching which has massively helped my riding.

If you need anymore info then give me a shout

mikey74
    Free Member

I know JJ from my many visits to Whistler and can vouch that not only is he a top bloke, he is a great rider and an excellent coach.

DPM

I know this an old post – but anyone have any updates?

thanks

Riofer
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the coaching as I’m another prospective customer. I can say that I had some correspondence with JJ about the courses he offers and if the coaching matches the customer service it should be great. He answered loads of my questions in detail and followed up with plenty of his own about my riding and goals. I’ve put of doing a session until I get back to fitness and regular riding later in the year. I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has been along to the sessions earlier this year.

docrobster
    Free Member

How weird, I can answer a thread I started.
    I went on one of JPJ’s skills days in March.
    I enjoyed the day but found it quite tiring. It was the one weekend of the year when the trails at greno woods were running fast and we had a great time.
    I won’t say that it has transformed my riding overnight but it has helped give me something to focus on when out doing my “purposeful practice” as John calls it. Unfortunately my old body may not be up to the job of putting the theory into practice, as the younger riders on the day showed me how it was done (andeh off here I have recently learned after recognising him on his self filmed video) but I now know where I was going wrong.
    One thing that seemed to happen was that because we went right back to basics (undoing bad habits I think) was that on the day I seemed to take a step back but I think this is normal in order to progress.
    I would certainly recommend using Aline

DPM

Thanks Doc. Booked up!

Happy to help you out with your own post too! 😉

andeh

Hello! I was on the same day as Rob and had great fun!

The course we were on was Intermediate 2, which focused on improving cornering technique.

Without going into too much detail, the course went right back to basics with pressure control and cornering technique, before taking the methods to the trail and slowly building up. John is a really engaging teacher and clearly has a lot of background in coaching, which he draws from throughout the day to solve rider’s issues and queries. He tailors the day to the riders, focusing on specific skills, which is nice, opposed to sticking rigorously to a schedule.

I’d definitely recommend him to a friend, great value. The day was really tiring though, I got home and pretty much passed out!

Also, the days take place over several different venues. I didn’t realise this and turned up without transport, like a fool.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Aline coaching Sheffield.’ is closed to new replies.