Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alpine 160 owners…SHOCK help please (Float CTD purchase)
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hello guys,

Just finishing my ‘budget’ Alpine build and I’ve somehow blown £160 on a 2013 Factory series Float CTD boost valve+ trail adjust shock. It’s a 2013 model and I think a good price.

The compression and rebound tunes and medium (which mojo said is spot on) and the boost valve is 175psi.

Will this work well on my Alpine? I note that the body of this one looks different to what Orange supply the 160 with. I thought small cans were the way to go?

Any info gratefully received!

Cheers

stevede
    Free Member

Quite a few of the mojo boys race enduro on alpines so they should know what tune is right, I don’t know what my actual tune is as it’s been tuned by jtech, they all come with a hv air can now and a few people I know with fives and alpines have a medium volume spacer fitted to make it more progressive and stop it bottoming out.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks for that pal. The lady at mojo said the M, M and 175psi was correct for me/the bike but didn’t mention the air can size. I thought small cans were better though for more ramp up? I know a lot of people stick spacers in bigger cans to make them effectively small ones.

Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LoCo
    Free Member

That one will be fine, would maybe stick medium air spacer in the air can.
    They can be improved further with a custom tune.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

They can be improved further with a custom tune.

..not sent by royal mail…..

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep, obvs… Not putting that on very post though 😉

Northwind

The volume spacers are good for messing around with, you can change them in about a minute, without even taking the shock out of the bike, to try different settings.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks Guys, especially Loco with your wealth of knowledge!

So why would you put a spacer in a small can? I thought that was just for the big ones!

Cheers

carlphillips
    Free Member

when’s the 1st ride on it bud? where you going?

daveh
    Free Member
    YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Carl, not sure mate, I’m open to ideas! I’m easy…

Daveh, very useful. Thanks for the link

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alpine 160 owners…SHOCK help please (Float CTD purchase)’ is closed to new replies.