• This topic has 26 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by JonR.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Alpine 160 on ebay looking a bit dodgy?
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

58.3% positive feedback… Not seen any Orange in that colour as far as I know too. Hmmm, what to people reckon?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-alpine-160-frame-and-shock-/130518975452?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item1e638983dc#ht_500wt_976

j_me
    Free Member

Looks like that shock has been stuck to the down tube with putty.

fbk
    Free Member

Anyone who gives good money to someone with a rating that low deserves whatever they get!

carbon337
    Free Member

near me – may do cash on collection.

He has a helmet and workstand there so maybe not too dodgy.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Think if I had a rating that bad I’d use a friend or family members account to sell something worth that much.

Bregante

Having had a quick squizz at his feedback, it looks like he will back out of the deal if he doesn’t get the price he wants. 🙄

j_me
    Free Member

….shirley that frame is a fubar’d repair job!
    Look at the shock mount on the down tube and compare with ….
    http://orangebikes.co.uk/images/2011_bikes/710/Alpine-160_16-001643.jpg

sparkingchains
    Free Member

I wouldn’t touch it.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Well spotted J_me. Definitely looks like it’s been welded around the mount, the cable guides are missing too. Feel bad for whoever buys that one!

“Beautifull frame with no marks or frame damage”. Yeah RIGHT!!

GavinB

Looking at his feedback, he has sold four separate items this afternoon, ranging from a roadbike, to a set of forks, to an Isuzu roof (!) and some other item, valued at well over £1k – all to the same person, who left totally positive feedback. Amazing!

Would not touch with a mile long bargepole.

Weasel
    Free Member

And the person who bought the three items this afternoon has feedback just as awful….hhhmmmmm

swisstony
    Free Member

He did sell a lovely pair of leopard print pumps

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The link didn’t open on my iPhone, it retrived eBays main page. However after typing in alpine 160 it didn’t take much to notice the offending frame, and not merley as it’s the only one on there. As someone pointed out the downtube is Just wrong, the decals look odd but the colour takes it. I assume the downtube was damaged when it was stolen, the colour from Wilkinsons home range of sprays and the decals off a Tesco box of citrus fruits. Sad to see a lovely bike end up like that.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I changed my mind on the spray paint, I’m going for hammerite teal applied with a paintbrush which will explain the iffy lettering, ie painted around the decals as neatly as possible.

anto164
    Free Member

It’s just had a respray, that’s for sure, as there aren’t any marks where the seatpost clamp went.

grantway
    Free Member

Its a 2009 frame with a dodgy respray and the stickers seem to be from ebay
    Only thing that looks strange is around the frame shock mount.

Also there will be a frame number under the BB of the frame, call
    Orange and they can check if stolen.

If you go for this it will be best if buyer collects rather than accept delivery of this.

Dobbo

Totally agree with all said looks like a shitty old frame.

Looking at his feedback, he has sold four separate items this afternoon, ranging from a roadbike, to a set of forks, to an Isuzu roof (!) and some other item, valued at well over £1k – all to the same person, who left totally positive feedback. Amazing!

How does that work? Wont he have to pay EBay fees on that £1k?

kaesae
    Free Member

He can cancel the listings and the feedback will stand. Feebay is a complete and utter joke these days.

Since the bankers moved in and took over, all they care about is the fee’s the service is useless.

As for that listing, I suspect that it is by a hoodie 😯

.duncan
    Free Member

shock mount appears fine at a higher res.. http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p6pb6566791/p5pb6566791.jpg

still wouldn’t go near it.. seller seems extremely dodgy

Dobbo

Looks to me like a very think coat of paint, I wonder what’s going on under it?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Looks dodgy but does have a workstand and a helmet with glasses attached – so I’m not sure.

But why is it whenever I see ads like this I check to see if they are local to Bristol? Would have been well dodgy if it was

prahran
    Free Member

The frame looks fine. It’s just a dodgy repainted colour with cheap ebay stickers on.
    Ask him for the frame number

Dobbo

I bet the clocks not even the right time.

tinytimbo
    Free Member

Frame looks like s 16″ to me but is advertised as an 18″.

I have contacted the seller and received a very dodgy reply back, at the end he states he is going to pull the auction before it ends.

Isn’t this breaking the rules? Really can’t stand dodgy little scum like this.

wwaswas

love his response to the negative feedback;

“total stalker who uses fowl language”

sv

“total stalker who uses fowl language”

Total quackers…

I’ll get my coat.

JonR
    Free Member

Could someone not bid a couple of grand for the frame and then when they win tell the seller they didn’t get the deal they wanted and so they wont be paying.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Alpine 160 on ebay looking a bit dodgy?’ is closed to new replies.