Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alpine 160 Compatible Shocks
  • oliwb
    Free Member

Hey, I’m wondering whether anyone has a list of rear shocks that are compatible with the Alpine 160 frame? I ask because I’m planning an Alps trip in a couple of weeks and thought it would be nice to swap out my RP23 air shock for a coil one. I actually have a Fox Vanilla RC shock in my shed of the right length and stroke but when I went to fit it I found that the external reservoir fouls bits of the frame regardless of orientation.
    I’m specifically looking at DHX or Manitou Swinger. Also if anyone has a shock that fits for less than £200 (pretty much rules out a CC) I could be interested…..

Thanks,
    Oli.

Bagstard
    Free Member

What size frame? Was it the old style rc you tried? I have successfully used fox DHX and DSP Dueler, the latter being excellent.

oliwb
    Free Member

18″ frame….and yes it was the old style Fox RC shock (the boxy looking one). I suspect they all fit properly now that the reservoir is offset and slanty…..

drew

Hi,I’ve got a DHX5 coil and a Vanilla RC which were both bought for my alpine. One of them must go. My mail is in my profile if you’d like to get in touch for some more details. Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alpine 160 Compatible Shocks’ is closed to new replies.