Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alpi Bike Resort
  • zerocool

Has anyone ridden here or have any info regarding the resort besides their (rather uninformative) website? http://www.alpibikeresort.com/index.aspx

I’ve seen it on the Atherton movies and the place looks like fun for DH and Am (lift assisted) riding.

Tom KP

michaelbowden

I’ve ridden at Sauze. Plenty of lifts, great riding. I did one of the SuperEnduro events there.

woolhead
    Free Member

Might be something on http://www.worldbikeparks.com

Lovely riding but I reckon you want your own transport as the different spots which make it up (8 areas?) are fairly well spread. Don’t forget to try some of the more natural stuff too.
    Enjoy.

nasher
    Free Member

as above. the different area areNOT linked by lifts so you will need your own transport. when i went there 3 years ago i want too impressed. bardonecchia has 3 lifts but only opened one per day on rotation, may be better now though.

zerocool

Cheers for the advice and link

Tom KP

Marko

I’ve been twice. If you are planning a summer trip then there are lots of things to consider:

* Don’t go early in the season, as the lift openings are random. Even if they say they are open, check first – it’s a long way round to Prali to find it’s shut! August is the best month, as in theory all the lifts are open.
    * Some of the resort are strictly XC venues – no lifts. The main lift assisted resorts are at Bardonecchia, Sauze, Sestiere and Prali. Bardonecchia (Campo Smith) opens most of the time. This is linked to the Melezet lift – when it’s open.
    * The riding is not as extensive as Morzine for example, but there is enough for a hard days riding at each venue. More so at Bardonecchia, if the Jaffreau lift is open.
    * Best combined with Alp D’Huez/2Alpes and then stop off at Pila for a couple of days on the way home.

Hth
    Marko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alpi Bike Resort’ is closed to new replies.