• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alpe d'Huez guides and lifts
  • MSP

Couple of quick questions.

Can anyone recommend a guide for the area?

And what is the score with lifts or buses back up to the resort from the valley floor? looks like most of the lifts go up from the resort, but I am guessing there is a ton load of singletrack down to the valley through the trees

mtbtomo
    Free Member

All the trails are so well marked you really don’t need a guide, just the free map you can get from the Tourist Information office. Its very much a bike park with all the trails marked black, red, blue etc.

I have seen the odd bus with the bike carriers on the back which go up from just outside Bourg D’Oisans – But never used one.

The Megavalanche route goes down to the valley floor.

IA

all the trails marked black, red, blue etc.

If you don’t mind riding up hills* there’s some excellent stuff in the region not graded. Most of it is FFC marked though, and a google of “Bike osians” plus an IGN map or two would see you right. I guess a guide could make a better experience, but I like exploring 🙂

Helps to have a car to get around to stuff the other side of the valley etc. but there’s a fair bit from the town.

If you just want to ride off the lifts, as above it’s all marked.

*for some routes you probably want to actively like riding up hills, thems some big hills!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The mega route heads to the valley floor at Almont where there is a bus back up to the lift station.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

There are loads of trails that go to the bottom of the valley. Some can be quite a pedal back to Allemond which is where the bus picks you up to go back up to the Oz lift station.

MSP

Still looking for a guide recommendation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alpe d'Huez guides and lifts’ is closed to new replies.