Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alpe d' huez for the 'Tour' in July…
  • Alek
    Free Member

My wife and I are traveling to grenoble in July and hopefully catching the pro’s on the alpe d’ huez. Travel arrangements to get from grenoble to the stage are hard to come by. Had hoped there would be shuttle buses or summit. Had hoped to travel up early doors and catch a bus back at night. Any info or experiences welcome. Any one else heading over?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’m going with my dad in his campervan. I’ll have been to Alp d’Huez 4 years in a row, but still haven’t figured the public services unfortunately…..

I’d like to know how we keep a track of the Tour on the way down through France? Do they have free wifi at service stations like they do in England?

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Oddly, the bus goes from Av. de la Gare, which has no rail station.

http://www.location-oisans.fr/Acces.php

Last bus from Bourg d’oisans on the 18th July back to Grenoble is 19h07 from the tourist information centre.

gets in at 2037 according to (http://www.transisere.fr/)

A l’arrêt BOURG D’OISANS – OFFICE DU TOURISME (BOURG D’OISANS)
    Prenez la ligne : 3000 BOURG D’OISANS-VIZILLE-GRENOBLE
    En direction de : GRENOBLE – GARE ROUTIERE
    Descendez à l’arrêt : GRENOBLE – CHAVANT (GRENOBLE)

19h07 ==> 20h37

Might be a touch busy though.

BrianSavage

There is a link on the tourist office web site (Alpedueznet.com) under the Travel section to pdfs of the Transisere timetables. You may have to book in advance to travel on these buses.

Haze

We’ll be staying in Puy Saint Vincent, driving in nice and early and parking up somewhere close-ish (recommendations welcome) then riding up the Alpe.

Shame I’ll be driving I quite fancied immersing myself in the mayhem on Dutch corner…

thekingofsweden

You can park outside of Bourg D’Osains in Rochatallie.
    Look on google Earth and you will see a track running alongside the river which is a cycle track this turns into a small Tarmac road which pops you out right at the foot of the Alpe’
    When we were last there it didn’t get that busy at all (on the way in or out)

Haze

Cheers, will check it out 🙂

Alek
    Free Member

Doctor….thanks for confirming that. We too had looked at the bus timetables and had worked out the same times. But your right, I reckon it’ll be a tad on the busy side on the way home. We may just bite the bullet and hire a car, but we arrive the day before late on and had hoped just to have an early start, head over to the bus station and then hike it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alpe d' huez for the 'Tour' in July…’ is closed to new replies.