• This topic has 157 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • Almost shaking I am so angry
  • franksinatra

Six year sentence, for this

BBC News

Hohum
    Free Member

It’s hard to understand what motivates some people!

GrahamS

That’s bad but how about a maximum three months sentence for executing women and children (BBC News)?

The world is a very scary place sometimes.

yetidave
    Free Member

needs locking up, throwing key away, letting wild animals tear him apart.

grum
    Free Member

It’s an awful story, but really….

Almost shaking I am so angry

You should probably get some help for that. 😐

cynic-al
    Free Member

IS it outwith sentencing guidelines?

Are you going to do anything constructive about this or is this YET ANOTHER “aren’t things awful” thread?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I just hope the little girl forgets

DrJ
    wors

Are you going to do anything constructive about this or is this YET ANOTHER “aren’t things awful” thread?

What do you suggest?

I just hope that little girl forgets

+1

johnners
    Free Member

You should probably get some help for that

Quite.

franksinatra

[/quote]You should probably get some help for that.

I think having very young daughters makes you think about it in a different context. You can’t help but think of them in that situation.

boltonjon

Lets hope that some of his future inmates in Glasgow Prison hear who he is and provide their own justice on the twisted git

konabunny
    Free Member

Glasgow Prison

Eh?

hora
    Free Member

Its ok, he’ll be welcomed in prison.

skywalker
    Free Member

I only read the first few sentences, things like that get to me too much.

He should get the death penalty, simple as that.

swiss01
    Free Member

for the op, i’m curious – prior to having young daughters are you saying you would have been less bothered on the grounds it didn’t really concern you? and if so how did you justify it to yourself?

and, once you’ve got over the tremors, other than posting on here what are you actually going to do about it?

boltonjon

Sorry, got Glasgow mixed up with Edinburgh…

I wouldn’t want to be in either of them prisons – full of psychotic Begbie characters

It’ll be especially worse for kiddle fiddlers

therealhoops
    Free Member

Please bear in mind it’s very possible he’s probably wired up wrongly due to having a similar childhood. I’m not defending what he’s done I’m just saying it’s obvious that he’s not a straight thinking individual. I’d put money on the mother having “issues” as well. It’s fair to say her character judgement is waaaay off.
    I dare say the prison welcome committee will have something special planned.

franksinatra

for the op, i’m curious – prior to having young daughters are you saying you would have been less bothered on the grounds it didn’t really concern you? and if so how did you justify it to yourself?

and, once you’ve got over the tremors, other than posting on here what are you actually going to do about it?

I’m not saying that at all. I’m just saying that when you imagine something like that happening to your own kids, it brings out more emotion. I’m surprised you need an explanation.

And what do you suggest I do about it?

sputnik
    Free Member

Frank, ignore the ^^^ comments, don’t get into explaining yourself to shit stirrers.

hora
    Free Member

Please bear in mind it’s very possible he’s probably wired up wrongly due to having a similar childhood.

Always the defence used by the Defence Solicitors isn’t it?

A sort of devolving responsibility away from the individual.

Then again human nature and all its about not taking responsibility for your own actions when faced with punishment.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I only read the first few sentences, things like that get to me too much.

Same here – I got to the second line and stopped reading.

Reading that sort of stuff almost brings me to tears.

konabunny
    Free Member

Always the defence used by the Defence Solicitors isn’t it?

That’s not a defence so no, it’s not.

10pmix
    Free Member

The girl is going to be affected for the rest of her life. This should be remembered when sentencing. Her life is going to be a challenge everyday.

hora
    Free Member

In attempt at mitigation..

transapp
    Free Member

You’re trying to get a rise, and you probably will from the fathers reading this thread so go troll elsewhere.

If you are really, really asking that question, then you’ll never understand the answer.

therealhoops
    Free Member

hora – it’s possible he doesn’t know he’s doing wrong. He might get a clue though on day one of prison.

hora
    Free Member

He’d have to have learning difficulties for that way of thinking.

therealhoops
    Free Member

on day two of prison he’ll probably have walking difficulties.

ton

the sooner capital punishment comes back, the better……..imho that is. 😀
    some offenders deserve to die.

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Frank,
    I think you are right to feel so angry. Why shouldn’t the awful suffering that poor child has been through make people angry? Can’t believe anyone would question it really, but that’s singletrackworld for you…

Cougar

on day two of prison he’ll probably have walking sitting down difficulties.

FTFY.

warton
    Free Member

+1, heartbreaking.

as for the offender, what good will 6 years in prison do? will it change him, I would argue no. It’s not like theft, or assault, he will come out just as ready to do something like this again. either lock him up for lfe, or bring back the death penalty.

for the op, i’m curious – prior to having young daughters are you saying you would have been less bothered on the grounds it didn’t really concern you?

as a father of a toddler. before I had my son I would have been disgusted by this, of course I would have, just like the majority of people. after having my son, and imagining him going through what that girl went through changes everything. I’d protect him to the end of the world, without exception, and if anyone tried to harm him in that way, or any other way I would do them serious damage with no hesitation at all.

kaesae
    Free Member

Do not look to the judicial system for justice, these creatures pose a threat that should be removed.

As long as it is financially beneficial for those involved in the judicial system to have there be wide spread crime, there will be no motivation on their part or the governments to implement any measures to reduce it.

mudshark
    Free Member

Lord Woolman said: “This was an appalling act of violence. Because of the risk you present it is also appropriate to impose an extended sentence. That is to protect the public.”

Extended sentence?

cr500dom
    Free Member

I clicked on the link and now really wish I hadn`t…..thats left me feeling rather nauseous

There are some very sick f****ers out there

Thats a similar age to my daughter…… 🙁

GrahamS

As long as it is financially beneficial for those involved in the judicial system to have there be wide spread crime, there will be no motivation on their part or the governments to implement any measures to reduce it.

Is there anything that kaesae can’t spin into conspiratorial nonsense??

DarrenH

well said Warton,
    before become a father I would be horrified by that news story,
    since become a dad to twin boys (now 2 and half years old) stuff like this horrifies me a 100 times more

swiss01
    Free Member

what i’m getting at frank, is that, given what you’ve said above, prior to your kids being born there must’ve been a time when this wouldn’t have affected you in the same manner. ergo, is your response to a crime predicated upon empathy rather than an innate sense of right/wrong.

as to what i’d suggest, that’s really not what i was asking is it? the question is one you might have to answer when your daughters are old enough to ask it.

when she was wee my daughter’s concern were more about censorship and sexism than violence. we had lots of entertaining exchanges, esp as she got older, mainly because she knew if she expressed an opinion she’d better be willing to back it up and, esp if she was wanting me to go in to bat for her, to be sure about her justifications. she grew up pretty well in spite of that!

so, if she’d been discussing the above with me my response would be that it bothers me whenever someone has violence done against them and that, rather than getting angry towards the perpetrator or the case, the details of which we can’t know beyond a media report we should remember that there are a pair of parents somewhere who will be feeling powerless, bereft and in a place none of us would ever want to be. my concern would be for them and their families and my energies would be directed towards that.

as for the guy that did it. as long as he’s had his due process they can drop him down a well for all i care.

chakaping
    Free Member

You should probably get some help for that.

I guess you’re not a parent or this kind of thing hasn’t affected your family? Not a subject for smartarse comments IMO.

The damage done by this offence will far outweigh any possible value the offender’s future life could hold.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Almost shaking I am so angry’ is closed to new replies.