• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by viv.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Almost perfect ride, anyone else?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Went for a bit of a recce today, started at Kirkby Malzeard near Ripon, tried some Bways I hadn't done before, (dunno why) stopped for a sarnie on the moor above Gouthwaite & didn't want to leave, it was absolutely silent, & hot. Explored some more Bways on the way back which were Gateland & thats where the 'almost' came from in the thread title. 21 miles of happiness.
    Anyone else had a good day?

mmb
    Free Member

oh yes! last night went for a ride along the beach sandbanks to christchurch harbour 25 mile round trip which was sublime! and today myself and 3 others went for ride to corfe castle over a few hills through the forest etc 35 miles in total again sublime! and tomorrow i will be taking my lad for a blast down through the singletrack sections of branksome chine to the beach and back up again only about 8 miles though, so all in all about 70 miles and a great weekend 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Had a pretty damn fine day out. 40 odd miles exploring and consolidating an "ambient jeycore" route out into the lothians. Miles of scenic offroad, picnic in the sun, a bit of messing around in the woods and back to a pint in my local.

Its day s like that we do this for. 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I went on a twenty plus mile loop up in the Lomonds last night. I was shown some great singletrack. The sort of ride with your mates where you just dont want to go home. Toying with the idea of organising an STW group ride up there.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Lovely ride over Garburn, but way too hot for me!

About 55km round the lanes and bridleways of Shropshire setting out the Control Points for a trailquest tomorrow.
    I got some extra mileage in by riding to the meeting place alone from home, then it was a leisurely 4 hours or so with friends with plenty of stops and an ice lolly at Hampton Loade station on the Severn Valley Railway.
    All in all, a great day out on the bike.

viv
    Free Member

Yes! Newly fitted semi slick maxxis high roller made my road work a breeze. trails were nice and dusty, maple durham, whitechurch, tokers green, checkerdon…. Got burnt though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Almost perfect ride, anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.