Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Almost hit by red light jumping car – report it?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

I was using a cyclist/ped crossing this morning. I get half way across and some f**king idiot has to screech to a halt to avoid hitting me. He gives a 'opps, i'm sorry' wave and drives off.

I got half his number plate, is it worth reporting? Is there going to be a load of hassle for little outcome?

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Having been put in Hospital a couple of times by jumpers (and not the woolly kind 😆 ) I would say absolutely. But, without the full license plate they've little chance of catching up with the driver.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

depends, if there's CCTV and you can give enough information to identify the car then its 3 points and/or a fine.

I'd report it, you may even be lucky and the driver is already on the junctions CCTV jumping the red light in which case 3points/fine might get upped to driving without due care and attention (as he nearly caused an accident).

BigJohn

So you didn't get hit by somebody whose number plate you didn't get.

I expect the police will stop everything else while they clear this one up.

FuzzyWuzzy

lol

hora
    Free Member

CaptJon- are you Manchester-based?

I see ALOT of jumpers in the early morning. I'm not talking amber or 'just red'- Ive seen a fair few after a pause into red.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Newcastle, hora.

I'm pretty sure there isn't any CCTV, but i'll check on my way home tonight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Almost hit by red light jumping car – report it?’ is closed to new replies.