Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Almost had a bad accident tonight
  • curtisthecat
    Free Member

I came badly unstuck on the motorway tonight. Heading off to meet some mates, I was pootling along in the middle lane of the M1 when disaster struck… my left front wheel decided to overtake me!! Managed to slide onto the hard shoulder on my brake disk. Luckily a mechanic mate came to help and we put the wheel back on by using one nut from each wheel. Really could have been a lot worse.

Wookster

blimey mate nightmare!!! Glad your ok though guess you’ll be going for one of those 20mm bolt thru front wheels now eh!?!?!

steveh

Tell me your not planning to keep on driving it now without getting it checked out?! At the very least I’d be putting a new set of brake discs on as they aren’t designed to take that kind of load and if that one fails it can have some pretty serious consequences!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I just spoke to the mechanic and he is coming to put new disks and possibly pads on it, so will all be better(fingers crossed)

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i noticed that quick fit didnt put my rear wheel on properly once after they replaced my rear tire….but i tightened it up myself

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Is some one out taking revenge on middle lane pootlers? You deserved it, stay in the slow lane, you pootler 🙂

andywhit
    Free Member

I think I’d be keen to understand how the wheel came off 😯

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Almost had a bad accident tonight’ is closed to new replies.