Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Almost got wiped out by a car tonight.
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

It was my fault.

Coming onto a roundabout, could see a car coming onto the otherside, couldn’t see any indicators to suggest that he was turning right, his speed suggested he was going straight on. So I went onto the roundabout where to my horror he decided to fire any indicator on and turn right. I managed to get out of the way, he managed to stop a couple of feet away from me. I apologised to him, he apologised to me for driving too fast and we both went on our merry way.

Lesson there is that everyone makes mistakes and sometimes we all go a a bit too fast and dont look as much as we should do.

codybrennan
    Free Member

A good outcome. Stay safe WML!

brooess
    Free Member

Good technique for cycling in traffic is to make no assumptions whatsoever about what each and every driver will do next…
    It can lead to aggravation from people behind if it means you wait a little longer till you pull out into a main road or a roundabout but sod em…

scandal42
    Free Member

Going to attempt my 1st commute tomorrow. Im hoping for an incident free journey.

I will certainly take the advice regarding making no assumptions.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

You know what they say – always look out for the other idiot!

steviecapt
    Free Member

i learnt my lesson a few years ago, never take for granted what you think a driver will do, because before long your lucky judgements will run out?

dantsw13

I had a near miss today. Riding back roads with a mate, I was making a right turn , with a large truck pulling up behind me, I failed to see an oncoming car coming around the corner. I cut across in front of him, missed him by 10 feet. Completely my fault.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Almost got wiped out by a car tonight.’ is closed to new replies.