Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alloy cage to fit XTR M972 Shadow 9 Speed Rear Mech?
  • nixon
    Free Member

Anyone know of an alloy cage which’ll fit the above mech, please? I’m looking for something more durable than carbon, so that’s the Fibre Lyte ones out the window (pricy as well). I’ve googled about but can’t find any dedicated alloy replacements, are there cages out there which’ll bodge on?
    Cheers

haggis1978

I just snapped mine the other day so im hoping that one of any other regular 9 speed mech fits. Cheap deore 2nd hand i’m thinking.

nixon
    Free Member

Ah fair enough that’s not fun, let me know how you get on if you would, please, I reckon I’m going to do the same one of these days.

oliverracing

Can’t remember 100%, but I’m pretty sure the cage off of a m772 fitted on mine, you may have to drill a new hole for the spring or use the spring off of the donor mech but I’ve had quite a lot of success swapping cages. For example I had a XT mech with ultegra cage on my CX bike for a while, but that did need re drilling to get the spring tension right

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alloy cage to fit XTR M972 Shadow 9 Speed Rear Mech?’ is closed to new replies.