Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Allergy to Bacon?
  • hora
    Free Member

Or more importantly I guess the preservatives.

Every so often I’ll go cold Turkey and do without my lovely Bacon. When I do this within a week I look less puffy/inflated/you name it. No its not JUST the calories. Its something else- a reaction?

Yes I can go to a Indie Butchers but lets be honest, the ones in Manchester well I’m not sure if they’d be totally ‘clean of preservatives’.

Thats not the question, its the contents used by manufacturers. Can anyone add their actual experience to this?

Pook

we’ll bring you some ham-ti histamines to Scotland

thepurist

Not sure how that can be cured.

hora
    Free Member

I wish you’d sty away from my thread.

crispo
    Free Member

You just give everyone too much Ham-munition!

thepurist

I wish you’d sty away from my thread.

Didn’t realise you had such a nasty streak. I’ll be back soon though.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Try getting it from a halal butchers. The way the animal is slaughtered leaves fewer nasties in.

stgeorge

Try getting it from a halal butchers

I really hope that is a joke…..

hora
    Free Member

😆

binners

Bacon? I thought you were kosher? No digging on swine….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Cold Turkey is no substitute for lovely properly cooked Bacon. I cant imagine eating a cold Turkey, Sausage and Egg sandwich.

Weirdo.

samuri
    Free Member

Didn’t realise you had such a nasty streak. I’ll be back soon though.

Stop being such a swine, you’ll only encourage Hora to ham it up.

Muke
    Free Member

No bacon butties, you must be pig sick 😀

spacemonkey

A life without (smoked) bacon is no life at all.

scaled
    Free Member

The jokes are getting rasher.

In all seriousness though, Taylors in Sale moor will sort you out, add their thin Cumberland sausages and you have the makings of an awesome breakfast.

Get there before 0900 to avoid the queues at the weekends 😀

djglover
    Free Member

I’ve never herd of such a thing. Certainly not rind here. Have you smoked something. I mean, gammon, if it was that bad you could have taken it back. That said, if you are telling the truth then don’t take it loin down, you might end up with less of a chip on your shoulder

CaptJon
    Free Member

You can get some oinkment for that.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Think I nay be allergic too.. pretty sure I’ve had headaches from Bacon sarnies and sometimes come out in rashers and tender loins

paulosoxo
    Free Member

thepurist – Member
    Not sure how that can be cured.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

🙂

cookeaa

How would you feel about Smoked salmon as an occasional (admittedly poor but lower fat and less nitratey?) Bacon alternative?
    I’ll admit I like a nice bourgeois Smoked salmon and scramble brekkie or even in a sandwich with a fried egg and a bit of pepper… Assuming you can’t find some wierdy beardy organic pig farmer making non-allergenic Bacon, there must be someone somewhere surely…

Cougar

You lot should be ashamed. Poor lad bares his soul and you all sit there porking fun at him.

headfirst
    Free Member

No its not JUST the calories.

I think you’re telling porkies.

wwaswas

all these people crackling jokes at hora’s expense should give themselves a good porking to before they get the chop.

joao3v16
    Free Member

you all sit there porking fun at him.

trot on. stop being a boar. snout wrong with a bit of banter. there’s nothing unsowvory being said here.

😉

fettling
    Free Member

If it is a sulphites intollerance then cutting back on other things may allow you your usual bacon fix. Worst offending foods with high sulphite content for me have been (in no particular order). Beer, Wine (esp white), dried fruit, sausages.

My annual steroid injection keeps things in check during the summer though 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Funnily enough I can’t drink white wine. I really feel it even after a couple of glasses.

hora
    Free Member

Funnily enough I can’t drink white wine. I really feel it even after a couple of glasses (slightly breathless and an almost instant hangover etc).

soulwood
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’ve recently stopped eating bacon as well as sausages and other processed meats. I was getting through far too much toilet roll and since I’ve stopped I’ve er… dried up a bit? I reckon it will soon transpire that the processed meat industry has been putting some horrendous preservatives in that causes problems later in life…

hora
    Free Member

Horrible secret….

I ate two bacon butties before a ride at the weekend and guess what? I always have to do a trail-poo 😯 😆

Now I kinda know why……..

samuri
    Free Member

That sounds like something different. Stop riesling with your conscience and stick with red wine from now on.

Muke
    Free Member

The bacon allergy was Baloney but I think that the wine problem is just sour grapes

HansRey

Halal? Is it meat you’re looking for?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Allergy to Bacon?’ is closed to new replies.