Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • All wooded areas should be napalmed, Nam style! (bramble content)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I had a slight detour off the beaten track last night, obviously because my tyres weren’t up to the job, and I had a meeting with mr bramble! Evil fecker!! Left shin looked like I’d been through a window foot first!! I’m loading up a strimmer on my camelbak next time I go up there!!!

redthunder
    Free Member

Thats why I wear footy pads. Just enough to protect the shins, as I’m always doing Through Country.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The wild outdoors in ‘little bit prickly’ shocker….

FFS, MTFU YBGB!

Cheeze, what next; ‘Bitten by a gnat: BUPA or NHS?’

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The Yanks found Agent Orange to be a more effective defoliant…..napalm was good on people though.

Of course you could avoid the need for WMDs/chemical weapons if you planned your route a little better.

Did you see any gooks/charlies ?

jhw
    Free Member

sue maxxis

wrightyson
    Free Member

Elfin I swear I thought I was reenacting steve mcqueens barb wire moment!!!! I’m apparently a tough lad as well but did whince a little when the hot water hit my wounds tonight, and that’s 24 hrs later!! I also like the term “through country”

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ernie I did see a couple of charlies actually. Two other bikers who mincing up hill. WTF?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sorry, don’t try wriggling out of it. The truth is, mountain biking is too rufty-tufty for you, sou you’ll just have to give it up and take up knitting I’m afraid. It’s the Law – I don’t make the rules, I just enforce them.

You’ll have to start wearing a dress from now on too, and call yourself ‘Julie’.

Sorry, but that’s how it is.

Oh and you’d best give yer bike/s to me so they can get some proper use.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Julie. Mmm, I’m just gonna have a looky see in the mrs’ knicker draw.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh dear. I fear this is all about to go horribly wrong….

Drac

I’m apparently a tough lad as well but did whince a little when the hot water hit my wounds tonight,

Evidently your not.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

When you **** up a step down and take a 15 foot drop over the bars to land on your back and a bramble bush breaks your fall, cushioning you delicately rather than smashing directly onto stumps / logs / rocks you might become a bit more appreciative.

wrightyson
    Free Member

You’re right drac. I’m a pussy! No keyboard warrior here 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

A 5 metre fall into mr bramble!! What were you thinking man. Bet you looked like one of those cheese string things when you stood up!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Luckliy was wearing a full face helmet and back plate with full race pants on. Still back and arms looked a bit of a mess but I was just releived to be walking!

yunki
    Free Member

I’m wondering if the great outdoors is for you wrightyson..

what with the cow earlier in the week and now woods and brambles getting in the way..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie I did see a couple of charlies actually. Two other bikers who mincing up hill.

You’re lucky mate…….they can be a little hard to spot amongst the undergrowth.
    Were they using standard Viet Cong issued bikes ?

Did you manage to get a pot shot at them ?

wrightyson
    Free Member

What Tyres for gunshipbike? Not sure about the White walls for cammo purposes!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘All wooded areas should be napalmed, Nam style! (bramble content)’ is closed to new replies.