Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • All those miles… How do you lot find time?
  • chambord
    Free Member

binners – appreciate the offer and may well take you up on it when I’m back.

This thread has made me realise I need to stop looking out the window in the evenings, get some lights on the bike and just get out and ride.

Cheers folks

Also, scaled and dazh I’ll probably take you up on your offers one day soon too. Am just looking at routes out of South Manc – have ridden out to Marple along the Mersey/cycle paths a couple of times but it mainly involved riding bunny hopping over dog poo

gee
    Free Member

Both days at weekends, plus 3-4hra after work during the week. Get home about 8pm – pretty grim in the winter doing a 3hr road ride in the dark, but needs must. No kids though and my wife is home even later than me.

br
    Free Member

When you’ve an OH and kids the key requirement to getting out on the bike is having a supportive OH who is happy for you to have a hobby.

A few years ago (when joblesstrackworld) I rode 2-3 times per week in the school hours with a pal who also had been laid off. Once both back working he suddenly had no time – always something needed doing (and his OH didn’t work). It was stupid things too, unable to ride on an evening because the kids needed bathing.

Basically she had no hobbies, except shopping and going around to friends/family.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

“Lone parent” working two or three days a week. Daughter up and off to school, a spot of house work and then the bike comes out to play before the said daughter comes home from school.

I am just been made redundant so I might just as well turn pro.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘All those miles… How do you lot find time?’ is closed to new replies.