Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • All round tyre!
  • sherry
    Free Member

I’m looking for a good all weather fit and forget set of tyres for my hardtail, something around the 2.2/2.3 mark? Currently running Maxxis high roller XC 2.1 tyres which are good but a little narrow!

simondbarnes

Jones ACX

thomthumb
    Free Member

if you like the high roller – what about the 2.35 HR?

Maxxis advantage, 2.25, but are huge like a 2.35, variety of compounds.

forge197
    Free Member

I use 2.35 High Rollers all year round seems to work for me in a multitude of conditons bar really gloppy sticky mud in which case they are useless and will become 3.35’s!!

sherry
    Free Member

I thought of the 2.35 HR, just wanted some other ideas. I hate buying tyres I haven’t used before only to discover there sh!t and a waste of money! I read the Maxxis minion is meant to be a pretty good all rounder, not sure how well it rolls though. I’m nearly 100kg with bike gear and looking for some extra cushioning along with preventing pinch flats.

forge197
    Free Member

sherry – I know what you mean, the High Roller is a old design but it still for me at least is very predicatable and does work all year round, I have tried a couple of different tyres along the way Intense C4 and Panaracer Fire XC Pro oh and some Continentals.

jonb
    Free Member

Mountain king 2.4 they come up closer to a 2.3
    Panaracer 2.25

tang
    Free Member

if you are flush, nobby nics(snakeskin)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘All round tyre!’ is closed to new replies.