Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • All-round road bike
  • Clink

Thinking of this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/granfondo-gf02-105-disc-2014-cyclocross-bike-ec053877

Any thoughts? For long training rides and the off Sunday morning club run.

mikey74
    Free Member

I was looking at one of those in Evans the other day. They look very nice and feel pretty light.

Clink

Sounds good. Not the best value out there, but ticks all the boxes – light-ish, meant to be comfy ride, will take guards/rack and discs.

mikey74
    Free Member

To be honest, I am considering one to replace both my CX bike (a little heavy for a roadie) and my carbon road bike.

legend
    Free Member

For long training rides and the off Sunday morning club run

That sounds like purely road work, so I can’t understand why you’re looking at a CX bike (other than it looking pretty nice)?

Clink

That sounds like purely road work, so I can’t understand why you’re looking at a CX bike (other than it looking pretty nice)?

The only difference between this and the standard GF02 is the discs and cx tyres rather than road tyres.

legend
    Free Member

The geometry doesn’t share anything at all with the non-disc version

Clink

Ok – just checked. But it is till marketed as a road and off-road bike by BMC.

mikey74
    Free Member

and actually, the geometry isn’t that disimilar: Half a degree here and there. The biggest differences are the head tube and seat tube lengths.

fasthaggis

For my next CX ,I am going to get a spare set of light road wheels ,these will be left with skinny tyres and a different cassette fitted.
    Easy to swap with discs and should give me more options .

TiRed

If you must have disks, it looks a fine choice. About £300 more than I would expect to pay for a 105 alloy bike though (Cannondale CAADX for example). BMCs come up large. The 72 head angle and 54.5 cm TT (for the M) is almost Giant Defy geometry. Steering will be a little less sharp.

Conqueror
    Free Member

theres also the genesis,rose and cannondale disk road bikes

Clink

It hasn’t got to have discs, though I’m leaning towards them. The Cannondale Synapse Disc 105 is cheaper but doesn’t get sparkling reviews and looks a bit ‘meh’. The Genesis is too heavy and the Rose looks good but I want to buy in the UK.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘All-round road bike’ is closed to new replies.