Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • All round fun bike ideas
  • Archibald
    Free Member

Ok so I have been lurking here for a while and I know this type of question comes up regularly but here goes.

I want to get a bike I can use for mucking about in the woods, trails centres dh type stuff, 4x tracks, maybe bit of dirt jumping and potentially the odd all day ride.

I was thinking of building a cotic bfe as that looked a good fit and it’s on a good deal at the moment but wondered after only ever owning a HT I should also consider look at a full sus maybe lapierre, heckler that type of thing.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I use a Cotic BFe for that sort of riding and its about right. Dont think theres many others worth considering.

chutney13
    Free Member

chameleon?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Track down a SC Blur 4X? I love mine to bits… 1×9 with MRP G2, Magura Thors, Joplin, wide bars and short stem with big, grippy but fast rolling tyres – basically built for my type of riding… mucking about for a few hours at a time but at the same time covering some miles with regular’ish trips to trail centres and all dayers in the Peaks/Calderdale etc
    mucking about in the woods – tick
    trails centres – tick
    dh type stuff – oh yes, big tick!
    4x tracks – not sure, its mint down the freeride stuff at Glentress
    maybe bit of dirt jumping – hmm, good on Glentress freeride style jumps, proper trails? Not sure. Doubt it’d be that good!
    and potentially the odd all day ride – tick

Have a 456 Summer Season too with a similar build and thats good (and cheap!).

That said, I reckon the BFe might have better angles for a spot of jumping, maybe with a slight trade off for DH stuff. But the BFe is one of the few frames I’d change my 456 for.

Maybe a BFe with some U-Turn Lyriks or something?

toys19
    Free Member

I have a Cotic bfe and if I had to have just one bike, this would be it..

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

BFe has got to be a good shout. I have an Evil Sovereign for everything you described and it is brilliant. I really like the versatility of adjustable dropouts for SS/ messing with wheelbase, too. Stick a 140mm fork on there and there is nothing at all that can’t be ridden on it.

wwaswas

Blue Pig X?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Transition Double so it must be good.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Evil Sov

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Depends how serious you are about the dirt jumping/4x/mucking about side of things, but you’d be best off avoiding things with a daft slack head angle and long chainstays like

Blue Pig X

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

And doesn’t the Evil have a much steeper HA than something like a BFe with 140mm forks? Never looked at the figures but Evils always seem to look in the pics as if they’re short wheelbase and steep headangle…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘All round fun bike ideas’ is closed to new replies.