Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • All of you who've had solar panels installed…
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Unknown company in “we’re saving the world with our incredible invention” shocker.
    I’ll not hold my breath!
    In a way though everything we buy is a beta for the next version.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

As the wise people say and do, “Never be an early adopter…”

sharkbait
    Free Member

As the wise people say and do, “Never be an early adopter…”

Unless it’s going to give a profit of £20k

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Read an interview article recently with one of the top egg heads from GE. He reckons the next gen tech about to hit the market is only marginally better and not significantly cheaper. They have developed new PV cells already that are a major leap forward and will be cheap enough for all within 5 years. He also reckons that they’re so good, they could convert the entire US grid to solar within 20 years.

May even come with a free bottle of organic fair trade snake oil

BigJohn

If I were that top egghead I’d keep my mouth shut, for fear of a knock at the door by some heavys connected to the oil industry.

klumpy
    Free Member

The feed in tariffs from solar panels take money from those who can’t afford them (the poor) and put it into the pockets of the those who can (the rich (ish)). Surely the workers’ paradise that is The Republic of STW does not approve of this..? 8)

br
    Free Member

+1 Klumpy

My neighbour recently had them installed and he was telling me how he’d had a £15k sub and would make £x per year.

‘and paid for by the income tax of those who work in McDonalds’ said I, ‘and don’t get me started on the cost of MY electricity bill!’

wrecker
    Free Member

Unless it’s going to give a profit of £20k

….Over 20 years if you have a field full of them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘All of you who've had solar panels installed…’ is closed to new replies.