Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • All my old threads have been closed!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Every single one of my old threads form a year or more ago has been closed. I’m not too bothered, but if someone finds somethig and wants to comment on it…. they’re buggered.

Is it the same for everyone? 😕

druidh
    Free Member

Yes – you’re not special after all…..

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Maybe the thread about this last week should be a sticky for a bit….?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Druid: Well, I suspected that! 🙂

wwaswas

I think some archiving’s been going on.

probably speeds the db up a bit of they move stuff into a ‘don’t update’ table. Still there for google.

tbh, the only people who comment on year old threads are spammers anyway…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

tbh, the only people who comment on year old threads are spammers anyway

That was the reason given……

binners

God! That is just, like, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO last year 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought just the boring old threads were closed. But what do I know?

WackoAK
    Free Member

😉

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

We’ve had a long term problem with spammers resurrecting old threads. It was causing lots of work for moderators and staff here at Singletrack.

We decided to close all threads over 1 year old.

It’s not a perfect solution I know. However in the circumstances we had no better solution.

The option to open a new thread on the same topic is still there and that way your posts won’t be on page 5.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You reference back to year-old posts? Sheeesh. I can’t be bothered to remember what I posted a month ago. A week, even. Are you a trainspotter?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Non forum members may come across old posts through a third party. It’s unfortunate that now old posts that were incomplete or incorrect won’t be able to be amended in the light of new information and will forever be wrong. They should all be deleted in that case.

TooTall
    Free Member

old posts that were incomplete or incorrect won’t be able to be amended in the light of new information and will forever be wrong.

That makes them different to the new and forever wrong posts in what way? With so many of the posters being wrong’uns, it won’t change the price of fish.

Or do you think STW is real?

footflaps

I thought STW was the Matrix?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Or do you think STW is real?

So…

You mean…

this has all been a dream?!?!

😯

If you find so many of the posters and/or posts wrong, why not try to help the community by correcting them?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

He’s not the messiah!

He’s a very naughty boy 😆

aracer
    Free Member

If you find so many of the posters and/or posts wrong, why not try to help the community by correcting them?

I try, but the other posters always seem to come back and point out that actually it’s me who’s wrong.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘All my old threads have been closed!’ is closed to new replies.