Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • all mountain / free ride
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

this christmas Im looking for an all mountain freeride bike. have you got any sugestions for bikes around £800?

cheers

MrNutt
    Free Member

what's your gnar rating?

Jamie
    Free Member

Got to be at least 6 gnars to go all mountain freeride i believe.

househusband

What's the current conversion rate from 'gnar' to 'rad' – and does 'core' rating add a swerveball..?

MrNutt
    Free Member

seriously though, I'd probably look at buying pastcarings Canfield off him and building something up around that: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/canfield-balance

£800.00 won't get you much in the full suss territory, that said you may be able to pick up a nice hardtail, look around if there's any of last years models about 🙂

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

You need the Gaytrack 400

big-chief-96
    Free Member

i've seen 08 kona coilairs on t'inernet so i was thinking an 07 might be in my price range, especially if i can et something like that but second hand. My mate recently got a norco six 2 for £750 but it does'nt look very nice.

Driller
    Free Member

You could probably hire something decent for a weekend for around £800!

Seriously though, a mate of mine bought a Kona CoilAir for not much more than that. Not what I would call All Mountain, but he's happy to haul the **** heavy brute of a thing around to get his kicks on the downhills. Just get fit, or you might be fit already, in which case you're sorted.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

are coilairs the only option though, are there any other bikes with similir atributes to coilairs that are cheaper or have better reveiws?
    (sorry about the big words on a friday night)

taka
    Free Member

why dont you learn to ride your own bike before chucking yourself off big drops and jumps you only learnt how to bunnyhop 3 weeks ago…. 😈

jam-bo

cos it doesnt take everyone years to learn how to ride off a kerb?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘all mountain / free ride’ is closed to new replies.