Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 202 total)
  • All Mountain bikes, lets see them.
  • tor5
    Free Member

Go on then, been in my grubby little mitts a week and I love it. Team Orange special edition. The white balance on this photo is a bit off, it’s brighter than this!

[edit] spec sheet

Knolly Chilcotin (XL Team Orange)
    CCDB Air
    Fox 36 Float
    Pro2 Evo (blue)/Flow EX
    KS Lev
    XT brakes (203mm, ice tech)
    Raceface SixC cranks
    X9 shifters, Type 2 mech
    Chromag Scarab pedals (blue)
    Chromag OSX fubars (blue)

joshbosh12
    Free Member

Here’s my Trance X2. I love this thing and i feel she’s as AM as most bikes that have been shown.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I suppose this is my “all mountain(!!!)” bike because I use it to ride the mountains and things 😀

Blur TRc

It has all the standard gubbins, and some ridiculously heavy Rubber Queen UST tyres, can’t wait until they’re toast and I can get some purgatorys or hans dampfs.

theraggyone
    Free Member

This Is my banshee spitfire v2 I finished building her about 4 weeks ago but just set the tyres up tubeless earlier this week.

Here is the spec

Banshee spitfire v2 medium frame
    Fox 140mm ctd trail adjust kashima shock
    Rockshox 150mm revelation duel air with 20mm axle
    Hope hoops with stans flow]ex set up tubeless
    Rockshox reverb
    Shimano xt brakes with 180mm discs
    Shimano slx double chainset
    E13 trs duel chain device
    Shimano Slx cassette 10 speed
    Shimano slx shadow + rear mech with clutch
    KMC chain
    Sram x7 direct mount front mech
    Shimano slx rapid fire shifters
    Raceface atlas 50mm stem
    Raceface atlas kash money bars cut to 750mm
    Raceface half nelson grips
    Schwalbe Hans dampf tyres
    Charge spoon saddle
    Nukeproof neutron pedals
    Hope headset
    Hope bottom bracket

Bathroom scales have it at 30lb

2008 S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    XT Chainset
    XT Shadow rear mech
    XT shifters
    XTR front
    Roval Traversee front wheel
    Hope Pro 2 / Mavic EN521 rear wheel
    Spesh Eskar rubber
    Sram PC/PG9…something chain/cassette
    KS i950 dropper
    Charge Spoon
    Hope Tech M4 – 203f/180r
    All braided hoses/outers
    Crank Bros Mallet pedals
    Cane Creek headset
    Easton Haven 55mm stem
    DMR 780mm Wingbars
    Enduro XL lock-ons
    X-Fusion Vengeance forks
    Spesh AFR rear shock – awaiting mounting kit for Fox RP23

Untitled by davetheblade, on Flickr

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Here is mine.

Barry the banshee

There is a distinct lack of 29er AM bikes on this thread……….wonder why 😉

christthn
    Free Member

/Users/christthn/Desktop/photo.JPG

christthn
    Free Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89928903@N04

my mondraker dune, built from scratch. i love it

pjm84
    Free Member

There is a distinct lack of 29er AM bikes on this thread……….wonder why

Quicker than the Spicy it replaced. Have only used it at Afan and XC (whilst my XC bike was sick). Great bike, well balanced in the air, but the front end feels a little woolly at speed though the corners. Hoping a rim change from Crest (WTF) to Flows will resolve the issue. Don’t think my 16.5stone plus kit plus bike helps.

stewartc
    Free Member

Been some changes since page 2 so….

Yeti SB66c
    Weight: >29lb approx.
    Frame: Medium
    Shock: Fox Float X CTD
    Fork: Fox 34 Float CTD 160mm
    Headset: Chris King
    Stem: 50mm Easton Havoc
    Bar: Easton Havoc Carbon
    Drive Train/crankset: SRAM XX1
    Brakes: Shimano XT inc Ice-tech Rotors
    Chain Guide: MRP G2 SL
    Wheelset: DT Swiss 1600
    Tyres: Kenda ‘Nevagrips’ 2.35/2.15(Tubeless)
    Seatpost: KS Lev 150mm

sunnrider
    Free Member

Built from scratch and well able for scary Basque mountains.

Modified DHX5 shock
    Gen. Lee cassette adapter
    Wolf Tooth 30T ring
    Sram clutch mech

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Iron Horse Ojiki frame
    Zocchi 66 ATAs
    Manitou evolver shock
    XT / FSA gravity drivetrain
    avid elixir levers / code calipers
    FSA gravity bars / stem

for longer rides involving climbing it gets Hope Pro 2 / funn xlrater / conti vert pro, comes in around 35lbs

for DH days funn bullet / sun estate / ITS 909s, which weigh about 3 lbs more, most of which is in the tyres…

wrong size seattube (30.0) for a dropper post 🙁

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

stewartc FTW!

lovely that, only thing if i was to complain looks wise would be get a set of crossmax st wheels! that would be the fininshing touch to a pretty amazing bike!

plus, your running a guide? it doesnt look so in the pic? ditch it sir! you dont need it 😉

mojo5pro
    Free Member

stewartc FTW!

lovely that, only thing if i was to complain looks wise would be get a set of crossmax st wheels! that would be the fininshing touch to a pretty amazing bike!

plus, your running a guide? it doesnt look so in the pic? ditch it sir! you dont need it

…but you’d keep the white bottle cage ? 😯

mrvear
    Free Member

Do these bikes get rode much? looks like they spend more time being polished th :wink:an anything

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

mojo5pro – Member
    stewartc FTW!

plus, your running a guide? it doesnt look so in the pic? ditch it sir! you dont need it

…but you’d keep the white bottle cage ?

it blended into the white wall, i didnt see it at all, yep ditch please 😳

butterbean
    Free Member

Ah, the voice of an XX1 (or XX1 style chainring) newbie.

Every single bike we have with XX1 & X01 has a guide (top admittedly, but that’s all you need) because it may work great to begin with, until wear is introduced into the system. Then it’s not very good.

There is a reason why SRAM changed the wording from ‘definately no guide needed’ to ‘a guide may be needed in some circumstances’.

LoCo
    Free Member

photo (2) by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

ska-49
    Free Member

Loco- really nice that! Is that 650b? The new black pikes would look fantastic on that.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

butterbean – Member
    Ah, the voice of an XX1 (or XX1 style chainring) newbie.

Every single bike we have with XX1 & X01 has a guide (top admittedly, but that’s all you need) because it may work great to begin with, until wear is introduced into the system. Then it’s not very good.

There is a reason why SRAM changed the wording from ‘definately no guide needed’ to ‘a guide may be needed in some circumstances’.

erppp well ive used it for 2 months now, 3 times a week up peak district with every ride over 2500feet of climb minimum (usually around 3500-5000feet weekends, with descents that follow), so its had a lot of chainring wear useage and its no different now to when i had it new…..ive checked the chainring itself and the thickness of the wider teeth still appears to be noticeably thicker than the normal ones, so i think ill take me chances thanks!

like i said in a previous thread some of you must be riding gods riding full on downhill tracks ALL the time to be losing the chain!

i only usually get about 6 months out of a hope chainring up front, so im at least a 3rd into that now, with absolutly no difference in performance from new

if it fails after 4-5 months then i still think its worth it personally, its a revelation having no guide on

butterbean
    Free Member

2 months…

We’ve been testing various iterations of XX1 for nearly 2 years now….

Dev bikes get used & abused, that’s what they are for. My own bike with it had a guide from day one. The guys I ride and race with tried it without & all run top guides now. Granted you dont need a full option but you generally do need something especially big mountain riding & racing (EWS, Avalanche Cup, Super Enduro etc).

For the sake of a 60g E13 guide, it’s a no brainier.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

fair enough i know the e13 one is only 60g, which is nowt, i just like the simplicity of not having one now, easier clean, no noise, no catching, no fine adjustments to make if it takes a knock etc

but i change my chainring every 6 months ish, and the chain and cassette as and when required, so as long as i keep doing that im hopeful it will perform the same

out of interest what sort of stuff are you riding? im just intrugied as i genuinely at this moment in time cannot see how im suddenly gonna drop the chain, like i said the thick thin teeth still look thick and thin, its only worn a bit of the height on my RF one not the width??

LoCo
    Free Member

ska-49 – Member

Loco- really nice that! Is that 650b? The new black pikes would look fantastic on that.

Thanks 😀
    It’s a:
    29er front, 650 rear, 2011 21.5 Remedy frame, 130mm rev solo air rct3, 190mm DSP dueler rear shock with Ti spring. xt 2 X 10. arch on pro 2.
    Dsp racing seat post due soon.
    and Pike solo air rct3 when the travel reduction kit become available.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Cheers sunnrider 🙂

must admit my wallet had been pretending such things don’t exist, still there’s always Christmas…

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Another Rocket.

30lb dead. Climbs well, descends better (survived a DH day at Inners last week, including all the jumps & drops on the Matador).

Needs some X01 though…

munrobiker
    Free Member

I built this last week- 160mm front, 150mm rear, 26lb with pedals.

06awjudd
    Free Member

Orange five 2011.
    1 x 10 – 36T chainring, 11-36 cassette
    Fox 150 32 FIT RLC
    Fox RP23 BV
    XT brakes and chainset (except zee mech)

about 29lbs

Love it, needs an uppy downy, and a shock tune, but really pleased I sold my DH bike for an AM.
    Only regret is going fox over a Marzocchi Rockshox combo.

No it doesn’t stay clean, this was taken after building it.

stewartc
    Free Member

@Oscillate Wildly Cheers, still some work to do, maybe get rid of the Fox floats up front and try a Pike, maybe try a carbon wheel set as well. Who knows, lets see if life, work etc allow me to afford it in the future.
    No chain guide fitted as the XX1 is new, will probably change that after the first few months as wear and tear takes place.
    Bottle holder is just there for short evening training rides when I’m too lazy to go with a backpack.

Do these bikes get rode much? looks like they spend more time being polished th :wink:an anything

Live in a small apartment in Hong Kong, bike has to be scrubbed clean after every ride before the missus lets me bring it in, plus its easier to maintain a clean bike than a dirty one.

sssimon
    Free Member

Bought this to replace the five above as it was just a bit big in the 20 but an 18 felt tiny (are you listening orange?)glad you’re enjoying it

Sub 25lb and probably up slightly with the 34 on and just waiting for a reverb to arrive next week, also have some bits to play with 1×10 but liking the 38/26 that’s on there now. Mojo did a great job on the rear shock, bought a broken rp2 off here and mojo changed the shock body to suit the specialzed link and tuned it for me, sold the brain and it only cost me £50 all said and done, the brain was good but I like the suspension to be more active and rarely use lockouts so a simple fox works better for me. Just need to get the time to ride it think the suspension changes will make the bike.

DSCF1111 by simon gardiner, on Flickr

2013-08-08 22.18.51 by simon gardiner, on Flickr

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

Sorry, Thought I’d add my bike to the mix as a relatively newcomer to these forums (or a returnee really…)
    Now with shiny red bash guard….:)

nickc

[/url] Shan by nickcummins1, on Flickr[/img]

Privee Shan.

cmadd
    Free Member

Here’s mine
    Les Gets 2012 MTB 133 by cmaddski, on Flickr

doubledunter
    Free Member

1174904_613131325374300_270772305_n by Doubledunter, on Flickr

Santa Cruz Nomad
    Fox DHX5 aIR
    Rockshox Lyrik 160/130mm dual position
    Rockshox reverb
    Shimano SLX brakes with 203/180mm rotors
    Shimano slx double cranks 24-36
    E thirteen trs duel chain guide and bash
    Shimano slx shifters
    Shimano slx 10 speed cassette 11-34
    Shimano slx shadow + rear derailleur
    XT front derailleur
    Hope headset
    Uberbike Bottom Bracket
    ZTR Flows Hope Evo Pro11 Hubs
    Schwalbe hans dampfs trailstar/pacestar
    Thompson 50mm stem
    140mm Fatbar Lites
    Superstar Grips
    Carbon cycles pedals
    Charge spoon

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Nice nomad, doubledunter, looks quite a carefully thought through spec list (i.e. you’ve splashed cash in the same places I would 🙂 ). How do you find the DHX air + vpp combo?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just got some half decent pics of mine now.

P1010943 by i_ache, on Flickr

P1010948 by i_ache, on Flickr

Finally happy with how it is riding now I have the right spring weight.
    The pedals are annoying me as I keep having to rebuild them as they creek more than my knees! Other than weight saving there is nothing I want to change on it.

Houns

Mine, on a mountain 2 weeks ago

RightWing
    Free Member

http://postimg.org/image/4gx06i07r/

GT Sanction 1.0 2008
    XT everything
    Lyrik forks with failed 2 step so stuck at 165mm
    approx 34lb
    Just ordered some 750mm bars, a 55mm stem & a reverb seatpost.
    Was looking at replacing it but need to spend £3000+ to get a similar spec’ed bike.

compass81

26lb dead according to my scales

maxtorque

nickc – Member

Privee Shan

Please report back! My c456 might just be getting the heave-ho for a PP shan!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 202 total)

The topic ‘All Mountain bikes, lets see them.’ is closed to new replies.