Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 202 total)
  • All Mountain bikes, lets see them.
  • Dango
    Free Member

L_Ache

[img]http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/data/529/slx-175mm-tripple-2011.jpg[/img]

.63lb saving there

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Well if Dango and 12 are putting their bikes up, I’m going to as well. Orange (strange) Alpine Five, TALAS forks, etc. It now has Maxxis tyres because although the Michelins gripped really well, the sidewalls were made out of tissue paper

mindmap3
    Free Member

Dangoo – weighing components is a slippery slope! Been there….although it is very effective. I shed loads of weight off my SX when I realised how heavy some of the components were. My Diabolus cranks and A frame pedals weight more than my house.

I_Ache – you know that you need I to spring, don’t blame me! On a serious note, if you need to shed some weight it should make a difference. That spring in there will weight loads; the dinky springs I have left over from the Van R in my old stinky weigh enough so his knows what that thing weighs.

With regards to measuring sag, you”ll need to get your missus to get the tape measure out whilst you mount… 😉 the bike!

My Heckler has just earned its stripes in Morzine/Les Gets last weekend!!

The Marz55 160’s and offset bushings really slackened it out nicely.

At one point on a 50k AM loop I was really wishing Mindmap3 hadn’t talked me into a single ring on the front!!!!

Dan, you know it makes sense. Don’t blame me for your weedy legs! It looks good though, how slack is it now with the offest bushes?

honourablegeorge

Shamelessly reporting this

typer
    Free Member

Some lovely looking bikes in this thread. Here’s mine, last time I weighed it it came out at 30.2lb

Titus El Guapo V3

Monarch RT3 shock

Rockshox Lyrik RC 170mm 20mm axle

Stan’s Flow Rims on Superstar Switch Evo hubs

Continental Baron 2.3 tyres

On One Smoothie Mixer headset

Easton Havoc 50mm stem

Easton Havoc 750mm bars

Easton Havoc seatpost

Charge Spoon saddle

Superstar supagrippa grips

Shimano XT M785 Double Chainset 26-38

Shimano XT cassette 11-36

Shimano XT front mech

Shimano XT Shadow rear mech

Shimano XT chain

Shimano XT rapid fire 10 speed shifters

Shimano XT brakes

Superstar 180/203mm rotors

Shimano M530 SPD pedals

Blackspire Defender bash

Blackspire stinger

Hope seat clamp

AndyA
    Free Member

Stumpy with lowered 36’s, dropper post, wide bars, short stem. Weighs 31lb.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Dango I thought my cranks were heavier than that tbh. But swapping them for slx and putting a Ti spring on will save over 1lb.

Mindmap the thing is I don’t know where else I can/would want to save weight without spending loads or compromising the bike. If I had loads of money I would go for some carbon rims. But then it I had loads of money I would buy a Stumpy Evo carbon and a DH bike.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

MDE Bikes Carve 6 frame with custom geometry
    Shaman Racing Drake chain guide
    Shaman Racing 34t chainring
    ODI bars, stem and grips
    SRAM X0 Type 2 mech and X0 shifter
    Avid X0 Trail brakes
    Mavic Crossmax SX wheels
    BOS Deville fork and BOS Vip’r shock
    Maxxis tyres (changed regularly)
    Rockguardz down tube protector and Mudguardz
    Fibrax brake pads

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mindmap the thing is I don’t know where else I can/would want to save weight without spending loads or compromising the bike. If I had loads of money I would go for some carbon rims. But then it I had loads of money I would buy a Stumpy Evo carbon and a DH bike.

Ti spring should be a good saving over the steel one, the cranks will yeild a pretty good one too depending on what you go for.

What about pedals? I know you’ve got Straitline ones which are lovely but I’ve no idea what they weigh. My Nano’s are 200g lighter than the A frames they replaced, which is quite a lot.

Other than that you’re into the realm of marginal (expensive) gains I guess. Carbon bar? Posher cassette? Tubeless? The Charge saddle is quite heavy but lighter saddles ain’t cheap and some are like torture devices.

I know I’ve only had a quick pedal on it, but it seems to ride quite lightly (if that makes any sense at all).

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ti spring should be a good saving over the steel one, the cranks will yeild a pretty good one too depending on what you go for.

What about pedals? I know you’ve got Straitline ones which are lovely but I’ve no idea what they weigh. My Nano’s are 200g lighter than the A frames they replaced, which is quite a lot.

Other than that you’re into the realm of marginal (expensive) gains I guess. Carbon bar? Posher cassette? Tubeless? The Charge saddle is quite heavy but lighter saddles ain’t cheap and some are like torture devices.

I know I’ve only had a quick pedal on it, but it seems to ride quite lightly (if that makes any sense at all).

_tom_
    Free Member

I seem to be one of a few who prefer a slightly heavier bike! Just feels nore substantial, light bikes feel too fragile.

meribelmtb
    Free Member

Zesty running 1 x 9 with e13 bash and chain guard. Reverb, 760 superstar bars, DMR v8 pedals, 150mm revelation u-turns up front. No idea how much it weighs…

jwr

Heckler in snow by jwrfooo, on Flickr

Heckler rebuilt by jwrfooo, on Flickr

Medium Heckler with RS Lyrik coil forks. Runs a Fox RC coil shock now. Mostly SRAM X9/X0 2×10 drive train, Hope Hoops, M4 brakes and finishing kit. A smattering of Thomson to finish it off. Not the lightest bike, but it’s very reliable and great fun to ride.

the_lecht_rocks

not sure about all mountain, but here’s my FS mountain bike :

IMAG0262-1 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

seanoevil
    Free Member

DSC02560 by seanoevil, on Flickr

My custom build.
    Sworks Stumpy FSR,
    Mavic SLR wheels,
    Hope Tech M4 hint of green brakeset,
    Hope floating rotors
    Hope braded hoses,
    XTR M985 3×10 groupset,
    XTR cabling,
    Easton Haven Stem,
    Specialized carbon bars & seatpost,
    SDG Bel Air Rl seat, titainium rails.
    Wellgo DMR V12 Magnesium pedals.

Its light, and shifts like the proverbial s**t of a shovel. I love it.

I_Ache
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    I seem to be one of a few who prefer a slightly heavier bike! Just feels nore substantial, light bikes feel too fragile.

I agree to a point. I think the 30lb mark is about the difference between feeling too light and feeling tough enough. As mindmap says mine pedals lighter than it feels to lift. If I could make it a couple of lbs lighter I would be pretty happy.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mine is no lightweight and nor was my SX. The thing that made my SX feel beter was lighter wheels and tyres. My Eastons with tubeless Hans Dampfs were around 600g lighter than my old wheel and tyre combo and are probably as tough if not tougher. The SX felt loads more spritely after this change.

Although changing forks, cranks, pedals and chain guide lost a big chunk of weight you couldn’t feel it outdo on a ride.

My Rune is about a pound heavier than the SX but is actually quicker to ride due to better geometry, a better fir for me, better suspension for pedalling and like the newer Enduros pedlas lighter than it is. I know it’s not massively scientific, but Igor round the Dog and Monkey at Cannock loads quicker than I have done previously and was keeping pace with guys on my lighter bikes on the climbs and flat bits.

I’m really happy with the Rune, it seems to be quiet adept at covering some distance but is also really good fun on the descents and jumps. Sure it’s probably a bit burly but I’m happy on it and would be more than happy doing an uplift day or two on it.

godzilla
    Free Member

IRO 38ld, hopefully my scales are pi**ed :mrgreen:

MrGFisher
    Free Member

28lb dead.

Konastoner
    Free Member

All coil, all mountain.

NOT 28lb dead! 😀

momo

Mine –

IMG_1062 by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

Santa Cruz Blur 4x with a DHX RC4 shock and big steel spring!
    36 Van RC2
    Hope Mono6Ti front/Mono4 rear brakes 205/180
    Reverb
    XT/XTR mix
    ProII Evo SP Flow front/ Bulb 719 rear wheel
    Renthal Stem Sunline bars

circa 35lb

too small for me so the components have been transplanted onto this while I search for another frame

BFe by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

Not weighed it yet, but expecting 30-31lb with the reverb (currently on loan to a dropper curious friend)

_tom_
    Free Member

Love the Blur 4x, they look awesome!

unknown
    Free Member

Heavy everything so c. 37lb. Veteran of numerous alps trips and occasionally over-biking me at trail centres!

backcountrybiking
    Free Member
    limkilde
    Free Member

Specs.
    1×10 X9 Type 2 rear derailleur, X9 Trigger 11-40 casette
    Frame: Commencal Supreme 6 2011 S/M
    Forks & Shock: SR Suntour Durolux RC2 TA 160 mm, Manitou Swinger 4way SVP
    Brakes: Hope Tech Evo X2, waiting for my Kettle SICC SFL rotors to return from the states.
    Wheels: Syncros Freeride with Hans Dampf 2,3 in Trail & Pace version
    Crankset: Shimano Zee 33 E-Thirteen guidering and E-Thirteen LS1+ Guide
    Bar & Stem: Race Face Chester 740 mm 1″ rise, 50 mm length
    Chain: Connex 10SB Black Edition..
    Best bike I have ever owned. She´s around 32 lb.

kimbers

my kona dawg 32ish lbs IIRC,
    slx groupset- 2×9,
    gravity dropper,
    m4 race evos,
    pro2s on x717,
    44 rc3ti
    being put through the grinder in the uk gravity series this year

fr0sty125
    Free Member

El Guapo!

gdub923
    Free Member

[/url]
    Untitled by GRH_MTB9, on Flickr/img]

Here is my Nukeproof Mega 2011 with CCDB

Lyrik RC2DH
    Nukeproof 50mm Stem and 760mm Bars
    Mavic 721 Rims on Nukeproof Rear Hub and Hope 2 Front
    Shimano Zee 10 Speed Mech 11-36 Cassette
    Shimano Zee Brakes 203mm Front 180mm Rear
    Shimano Saint 170mm Cranks and 35 Tooth Chainring and Uberbike Ceramic BB
    Shimano Saint Pedals
    Cheap black seat post and Nukeproof Saddle
    Muddy Mary 2.5 Front and Nobby Nic 2.4 Rear
    Nukeproof Grips

Weighs in just under 32lbs 😀

Descends like a weapon, if only I had more courage to do the bigger stuff!!

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Banshee spitfire now with reverb and some black tubeless wtb i23 frequency rims, just need to loose the white cables, stem and stickers and the stealth build will be complete!

Cheezpleez

Can’t explain it but I’m drawn to the weird ‘pre-crashed’ looks of the El Guapo

Scapegoat

Now with 150 Revs, this is my AM bouncer
    Canyon Nerve AM frame, RP2 HV shock
    (now) 150 revs
    XT 2×10 drivetrain
    MRP bash
    XT 785 brakes
    Superleggera hubs on Stans Flow,
    Nic 2.4 Snakeskin tubeless
    Fun fatboy 750 bar
    SRAM contour foam grips
    SS Zenith stem
    125 reverb
    Race V saddle
    XT 785 pedals
    29 lb all in.

chrismac

It surprises me ow happy people are with heavy vies. I find it really odd when full DH bikes are now sub 35 lb that trail bikes like these aren’t much lighter. My Old metal intense with 140 travel weighed 26lb so why with so much carbon now are these bikes nt significantly lighter when compared to DH bikes?

_tom_
    Free Member

I think 30lbs is about right, much lighter and it just doesn’t feel right to me. And heavier isn’t such an issue. Lugged my 38lb Bullit all around Whistler and up Snowdon no problem. This is my “all mountain” bike – obviously the emphasis is on dh but it can climb a bit with the seat up. Thinking I may 1×10 it and get some kind of dropper post so it’s better for other stuff. And maybe a lighter fork.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

My Shiny new Bronson C. Absolutely amazing bike, replaces my Blur LTc that was knicked a couple of months back (on insurance).

Fells like a much more sorted bike than the Blur (slacker head angle will help i`m sure). It is so confidence inspiring on the downs and still climbs bloody well (it does only weigh 28lb). Love it….

robgclarkson
    Free Member

another El Guapo, it’s a really lovely bike running:

Fox Talas 36
    CCDBair
    & full XT 2×10 (though i’m saving my pennies for the second X01 is launched)
    currently awaitng the delivery of a shorter stem, and renthal fat bars lite

takisawa2

Not sure it’s All-Mountain, more like All-Mincing with me on board, but I built this up for the Summer.
    Mostly old S/H kit.
    It’s exactly 30lb.

IMAG0909 by pten2106, on Flickr

aazlad
    Free Member

[/url] IMG_0743 by Aaron Cousins, on Flickr[/img]

[/url] IMG_0753 by Aaron Cousins, on Flickr[/img]

It’s had a few upgrades since the photos. Hope M4s, floating rotors, SLX double and stinger

I_Ache
    Free Member

chrismac – Member
    It surprises me ow happy people are with heavy vies. I find it really odd when full DH bikes are now sub 35 lb that trail bikes like these aren’t much lighter. My Old metal intense with 140 travel weighed 26lb so why with so much carbon now are these bikes nt significantly lighter when compared to DH bikes?

It’s because most people can’t afford to spend £8k on a bike that is light and strong.

markhw
    Free Member

My Yeti SB-66, XT Group set ZTR Crest Wheels running tubeless and X-Fusion Slant fork, 28lb

tomhoward

Gwins session 9.9 from last year was 36lbs, and was the lightest on the circuit, so not sure where you get sub 35 from? Got pics of your old metal intense weighing 26lbs?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 202 total)

The topic ‘All Mountain bikes, lets see them.’ is closed to new replies.