Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • All motorsport is rubbish
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

except Rally!

AWESOMZ!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyGRy7OmnDo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hooli

That’s brilliant, sometimes the sound is as good as the visual.

Why people still stand on the outside of a corner is beyond me 😯

stgeorge

Thanks, thats one of the most entertaining rally vids Ive seen for a while 🙂

Marge
    Free Member

The still from the link is the Jim Clark…
    Great rally while it lasted. First couple of years were amazing

Obviously its not happening for the foreseeable future in that format 🙁

I do miss rallying but it was a lot easier personally before the days of kids & mortgages both in terms of time & money

sharkattack

Also, this happened yesterday.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcMWblF43_g[/video]

Rallycross is the best!

johndoh
    Free Member

I enjoyed that particular ten minutes of my life 🙂

wombat

Excellent.

I particularly like the spectator putting his head in his hand in disbelief in the last clip 😀

hatter

Used to watch it with my Dad back in the glory days of Colin McRae and Richard Burns, the only motor sport I’ve ever really followed. The sheer skill under pressure is breathtaking.

Totally ‘get’ the appeal of F1, Moto GP etc but not for me.

shermer75
    Free Member

Soooo much carnage!!

munrobiker
    Free Member

In a quiet moment after some beer on Saturday night I watched the Formula E race from Mexico.

Now, it’s no rallying (what is?) but y’know, it was flipping good for single seater circuit racing. I’d definitely watch it again. Low aero, so the cars move around. Plenty of spins, they’re all bumper to bumper then plenty of squeaky bum time towards the end as the batteries deplete (they show you how much battery the cars have).

Highly recommended, especially if you’re a Formula 1 fan who’s finding it boring.

Rallying is still the best, though, obviously.

johndoh
    Free Member

Years ago I managed to get hold of a press pass (a friend worked for Yorkshire TV and the finish for the Lombard RAC Rally was in Harrogate) so I got to be in the photography box at the end of the race (the bit where they come up the ramp) – so there were about 20 people with fancy big cameras with huge lenses. And me with my dad’s Pentax Spotmatic with a 50mm lens 🙂 Also, the neighbour of my then girlfriend was the owner of the local Toyota dealership so I got to attend the Invite Only event at the dealers and got to sit in all the actual cars that were racing.

Ohh happy days 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

I thought the Barcelona course was really dull, no overtaking only gambling with the joker lap.

RustySpanner

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a motorsport I didn’t like?

I thought it was all about the BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP, but love watching the E bikes and cars too.

TT is the pinnacle for me, for many reasons.
    If you haven’t been, just go.

Lying on a hedge in the sunshine, drinking beer, middle of the countryside, watching the bravest racers in the world.
    For free.

🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Also, this happened yesterday.

The damping of the suspension on those cars is unbelievable- they land after the jump like a cat! No rebound at all!!

verses

I think I might unintentionally be posting here as munrobiker, as I was planning on writing the exact same thing…

derek_starship
    Free Member

I love rally with a passion.

I tried to watch BTCC yesterday (not all 8 hours of it) but was bored within moments. I guess it’s the circuit thing. I was completely unstirred by it.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s all about the grass, per herbum ad astra…

everything else is shite.

sbob
    Free Member

This thread needs more power.
    Tractor pull to the rescue!

[video]https://youtu.be/3weLBIjun_I[/video]

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

*That* tank slap. Still has me amazed. Higgins is a demi-god.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jSYiU-JdRw[/video]

Northwind

derek_starship – Member

I tried to watch BTCC yesterday (not all 8 hours of it) but was bored within moments. I guess it’s the circuit thing. I was completely unstirred by it.

Modern BTCC just isn’t the same but late 80s/early 90s BTCC was ridiculously good. Uneven playing fields, real personalities, attempted on-track murder, volvo estates, John Cleland driving a ball of gaffer tape held together with bits of cavalier…

Love rallying too but racing the pack is different from the clock

Rockape63
    Free Member

I always wanted to be a Rally Driver when I was young….looking at that vid, I have no idea why! 😯

DezB
    Free Member

All motorsport is rubbish

except Rally!

Agreed 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

my son shrieks with delight when we watch it. Great stuff!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Shermer, they have secondary bypass dampers to do that I think. Mad engineering skills go into those things – on a level beyond anything you see in the mtb world.

Fox I think, are even doing internal bypass shocks for mx these days.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And properly independant two stage springs help as well.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘All motorsport is rubbish’ is closed to new replies.