• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Aus.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • All in one desktop running Windows 7 – recos pls
  • Aus
    Free Member

Hi, after the above and value for money key. Lots of W8 options but really want W7 and not savvy enough to mess with OS. Primarily for home office running Google, email, MS Office and that’s about it! So any good recos please

Saw this but no idea of Lenovo
    http://www.dabs.com/products/lenovo-thinkcentre-m72z-all-in-one-core-i3-3220-4gb-500gb-dvd–rw-win-7-pro-win-8-pro-20–widescreen-8HB2.html?refs=55400000&src=3

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dell factory outlet. You can get a win8 machine and install win7 on it. Dell have (had) the same machines with 7 & 8 on, the one I wanted was 8 so just wiped it and started again – downloaded all the drivers from the dell help/download centre. Only slow bit was trying to back up win8 incase I wanted to use it again (licensed) then saw they were giving it away so formatted the drive.

cranberry
    Free Member

Lenovo are fine, they make their own brand stuff and also the Thinkpad brand.

That said, the linked offer is only an i3 processor – it’s not going to set the world on fire performance-wise.

ampthill

ACER here. Avoided touch screen as that seemed to be asking for off spring smear trouble…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That said, the linked offer is only an i3 processor – it’s not going to set the world on fire performance-wise.

It won’t but will cope fine with the OP’s requirements. (running heaps more demanding stuff on i3’s here)

cranberry
    Free Member

True Mike, it was more that it seemed relatively expensive at first glance compared to laptops, where you’d expect an i5 for that sort of cash.

Actually, OP, is there any reason for not getting a laptop ?

Aus
    Free Member

Hi … thinking desktop as possibly comfier to spend a good few hours at the screen and no need for portability.

Assumed touchscreen worth affording as not necess required and prob adds to the cost.

i3 OK for predominately MS Offce requirements or will it be horribly out of date in 2years?!

Thanks for the comments so far, and will look at Dell factory. This to replace a v old Dell that’s done marvellously over the last 10 years!

Aus
    Free Member

This OK? Assuming I don’t need any other bits and pieces of hardware to go with it?

Thanks

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh&brandid=1&fid=1397

cranberry
    Free Member

50% more memory and 100% more hard drive capacity are good things in that Dell, as is the Blu Ray reader. It also has a larger and ( more importantly ) I think full HD resolution.

Hopefully someone with a Degree in Intel Processor families will be able to compare the i5 in the Dell ( is it 2nd Gen ??) with the 3rd Gen i3 in the Lenovo, but for a small amount more cash ( assuming that the Dabs price includes VAT ) the Dell looks good.

Aus
    Free Member

thanks all – so the Dell looks reasonably good option

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘All in one desktop running Windows 7 – recos pls’ is closed to new replies.