Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 337 total)
  • all hail the return of the king (rugby content)
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Now now backhander there is no need for that 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

Great game, although being on a stag do my memory is a little hazy watching on TV.

Been at some entertaining premiership games this season – its going to be a long summer. 🙁

backhander
    Free Member

I cant help it pigface, his open hatred of the english and one eyedness of welsh rugby needs to be checked sometimes. I wish he’d have a word with himself.

its going to be a long summer

Until the world cup!
    Regardless of any teams performance (england included), I love the spectacle of the RWC.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was only teasing. 😛

backhander
    Free Member

Not directed at you darcy.
    I wish Ireland the best of luck in the RWC (who I shall be supporting after england)
    It would be nice to for BOD to top off his career with a good performance at the world cup (with a silver medal) 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As ever, the QFs will be our latest exit point 🙁

I hope they at least put in a performance rather than the last cock-up.

If you lot promise not to crow too much, I’ll support England against any SH side in the later stages. 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ll have much to crow about this year, I think it’s probably a year or two too soon for us.
    If there is an Ireland vs England game, I’ll probably be heading into town to watch it if you’re about. Loser gets the round in?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ll set the cash aside now 🙂 And choose somewhere cheap 😛

IdleJon

What happened to the Northampton scrum in the second half?

its going to be a long summer

The last few games of S15, then what should be an interesting Tri-Nations, a few pointless summer games and then the main course of RWC!

I’ll probably be heading into town to watch it if you’re about. Loser gets the round in?

Don’t us Welsh boys get an invite then? We’re only the other side of the river! 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IdleJon – Member

What happened to the Northampton scrum in the second half?

The leinster coach sussed out how to counteract it. I guess the props might have tired as well

anagallis_arvensis

Intresting choice of words and very dfferent from what was said about sackey….

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/13517490.stm

team manager Tom Whitford said financial constraints and Henson’s possible 2011 World Cup involvement with Wales were the primary factors in their decision.

Whitford told BBC Sport Wales: “The problem is we haven’t qualified for Europe this season, which means that our budget is going to be restricted which means then we’re slightly limited in our salary budget – that’s one reason.

“The second reason is we hope from his point of view he’s going to be picked for the World Cup to play for Wales, which means we’re going to lose a player for a three-four month period.

“So we’d rather not take that risk. Obviously there was an incident – and he wasn’t the only one at fault – let’s be honest about this – it wasn’t just his fault.

“Having taken everything into account we’ve come to a decision whereby we’re going to release Gavin and we’re going to wish him very well in the future.”

wonder who the next lucky club will be!!

Inother news, how good is Sean O’brian? utting him back to 6 where he is brilliant from 7 where he isnt seemed a big factor last weekend.

NZCol

Quite hard to have tickets for all pool and QF games at a venue within walking distance of my house for RWC! Anyone coming over and needs b and b in wgtn I am offering. oh and Scotland v Argentina now given ChCh not having a level playing field any more…

Shandy
    Free Member

A_A we are hoping to have Ferris, Heaslip and O’Brien fit for the World Cup, that will be a pretty abrasive back row. I don’t know if switching sides made a massive difference to O’Brien. Leinster had no ball in the first half, as soon as they get momentum he will always turn up, breaking tackles. He is unbelieveably quick for a big lad as well, he outpaced Ruan Pienaar over 50 yards in the Ulster-Leinster game.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’d love to take you up on that NZCol. A bit far / wet to cycle tho

Pigface
    Free Member

Ah the cake tin, Col I figured you would live on the Seatoun side of Wellington. Weird how you make assumptions about things.

NZCol

That’s a bit freaky as we do but have a place in town as well !

Scamper
    Free Member

Some moan that Saints scrum seem to not always bind or drive straight but due to brute force going foreward they get penalties. I think Ross said in second half he just adjusted the timing of his push to negate the more powerfull Tongauiha. Through my hazy drunken memory i distinctly remember Hartley popping up from the scrum once ot twice in the second half, and finally ref’s are catching on.

One of the best passages of play i’ve seen this season is at Kingsholm where Saints were on the Gloucester line with several reset scrums, penalties to Saints, pushing for a try for a loosing bonus point. Saints bring on their much vaulted front row, and get pushed back. Penalty to Glos – Kingsholm erupts. Who gives a stuff about S15 over the summer 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Ferris, Heaslip and O’Brien fit for the World Cup

You need Wallace in as 7 IMO, O’Brien is no 7 you need a fetcher. If it were me I’d drop Heaslip and put O’Brien at 8. Only worry would be the lack of height at the tail of the lineout.

IdleJon

He is unbelieveably quick for a big lad as well, he outpaced Ruan Pienaar over 50 yards in the Ulster-Leinster game.

Strangely on the TV he looks a lot smaller than he really is.

Scamper – Member
    Some moan that Saints scrum seem to not always bind ………

I noticed that the top down TV shots showed NH were binding very loosely.

And yes, you are right about Hartley popping – I seem to remember the ref allowed a couple of scrums to continue after he’d stood and was being driven backwards. Fair enough for the serial popper!

Who gives a stuff about S15 over the summer

After a winter of watching dour, miserable Magners rugby, or pick and drive English rugby, the S15 is a breath of fresh air. And the final is normally pretty good.

After the Crusaders S15 game in London the common theme in this country was “Why don’t our teams play like that?”

SD-253
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    Pfffh not really a crunching tackle

try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3cnss1UMO8
    Thank you Houns I always thought Youtube was a bag of shite but the Rugby parts are just brilliant to watch. Thanks again a 54 year old shite hooker who has the build of a back!!

Pigface
    Free Member

To be fair to Matt Rogers it was a shocking pass he got, he did get nailed though. Should have punched Lewsey a bit harder to start with.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales: Morgan Stoddard (Scarlets); George North (Scarlets), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Gavin Henson (Unattached), Aled Brew (Newport Gwent Dragons); Stephen Jones (Scarlets), Michael Phillips (Ospreys); Ryan Bevington (Ospreys), Huw Bennett (Ospreys), Paul James (Ospreys), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Luke Charteris (Newport Gwent Dragons), Danny Lydiate (Newport Gwent Dragons), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, capt), Toby Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Starting on Saturday will he make it to the World Cup.

100th cap for Jones as well which is a hell of an achievment

anagallis_arvensis

If he gets through the game without embarassing himself and stays fit he’s going to the World Cup. Gatland and Edwards love him.

anagallis_arvensis

Good looking backrow and midfield front, 5 is a worry though and the back three cannot defend but should look good with ball in hand.

anagallis_arvensis

15 Isa Nacewa (Leinster & Fiji)
    14 Paul Sackey (Toulon & England)
    13 Seru Rabeni (La Rochelle & Fiji)
    12 Mathieu Bastareaud (Stade Francais & France)
    11 Doug Howlett (Munster & New Zealand)
    10 Brock James (Clermont Auvergne)
    9 Sebastien Tillous-Borde (Castres Olympique & France)

1 Iestyn Thomas (Scarlets & Wales)
    2 Sebastien Bruno (Toulon & France)
    3 Carl Hayman (Toulon & New Zealand)
    4 Iosefa Tekori (Castres Olympique & Samoa)
    5 Paul Tito (Cardiff Blues)
    7 Martyn Williams (Cardiff Blues & Wales)
    8 Sergio Parisse (Stade Francais & Italy), captain
    6 Joe van Niekerk (Toulon & South Africa)

gulp!

backhander
    Free Member

Didn’t look like the “king of rugby” to me!
    Sackey played well though!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sackey played well though!

For a given value of “well” 😉

Parisse, on the other hand, is astonishing. What a player.

backhander
    Free Member

Be fair CFH, he did play well.
    I completely agree about Parisse though he is a very, very talented player and probably my favorite no 8 on the planet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Aye, was only stirring really! Nice to see him and y Gav having a chat on the sidelines after they both came off. Nice illustration of the Baas spirit* there.

Parisse is, to my mind, the first name on any world team sheet at the moment. Awesome.

* I gather that the arrival of the Barbarians in Cardiff was very popular with local business. Their “training sessions” were especially popular with the local publicans! That’s what it’s all about!

anagallis_arvensis

Didn’t look like the “king of rugby” to me!

Looked shy of contact, hopefully that will change or he is screwed, did pass the ball well though. Was completely unruffled by Rabeni’s big hit and the fact he was kicking at all, even if it was far too much at all the wrong times is a major plus on how his body must be as he hadnt kicked the ball since the Lions tour unless it was a complete emergency. Wales need a 12 who can pass and Roberts cant pass water.

Felatau looked very good. Him and Delve as 8’s with Ryan going as back up 4 could see Powell miss out on the world cup.

rusty90
    Free Member

Gavin Henson in ‘may play game of rugby’ shocker 😀

anagallis_arvensis

rusty90
    Free Member

He might even last the whole match, who knows.
    Or pull a hamstring running onto the pitch 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

Is this going to be televised?
    Be interesting to watch.

rusty90
    Free Member

Only on S4C I think.
    Wyt ti’n siarad Cymraeg?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

LOL good luck gavilaaa!

but i hope the dragons win!

think its only on S4C

cymru am byth!

wrecker
    Free Member

Good luck to him.

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey, has he run out of celebrity reality shows to go on already?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 337 total)

The topic ‘all hail the return of the king (rugby content)’ is closed to new replies.