Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 337 total)
  • all hail the return of the king (rugby content)
  • anagallis_arvensis

Henson didnt do much after the welsh won the grand slam

mainly because he didnt play

He did all that strictly stuff before he hung up the boots for good.

makes no sense at all sorry

anagallis_arvensis

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnNdTpz0B1I[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA0vzypVwPY[/video]

ton

AA, he did not have to do much to score it tho?

DezB
    Free Member

Doing better than he did at Saracens then? Apart from a few moments it looked like he’d forgotten what he was supposed to do.

anagallis_arvensis

a few moments in the what 30mins he played, Henson knockers are a funny bunch. He just played 80mins for a team that hammered Stade Francais scoring a try and setting one up. Still England have Tndall and hape!!

backhander
    Free Member

And this;

anagallis_arvensis

I believe Henson has won two grand slams, how many in that picture can say that?

Just Thomson?

backhander
    Free Member

There’s at least one world champion in that picture (worth infinite grand slams), can henson (or any welshman) say they’ve been world champs?

Pigface
    Free Member

So he scored 😀 how did he contribute through out the game.

Backhander stop being so churlish 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Moi?
    Merely responding in kind 😀

anagallis_arvensis

There’s one world champion isnt there? Wales are never likely to win a world cup so Henson can hardly be criticesed for not winning a world cup. He’s also a test Lion to go with two grandslams, not a bad record for any player, especially one so much derided for wasting his talent.

Didnt see the game except for the last 5 mins on a dodgy feed. He did a good job setting up the first try shown above though and lasted the whole game. Not bad for a first 80mins in 2 years

anagallis_arvensis
    DezB
    Free Member

You are Anon6475 and I claim my prize 🙂 Anon6475: i’m only watching to see if gavin henson is playing well

The legend that is Caucau!

Albanach
    Free Member

Who is he going to play for now given that he got sacked by Toulon – what a total pillock. Overrated, egomaniac. Will any other half decent club take him on with the amount of baggage he has?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I cannot imagine what club will take him now. Maybe a second division side? Will one of he relegation threatened clubs take him on for the last couple of games?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    I cannot imagine what club will take him now

Melbourne Rebels. Home to washed out stars of the tabloid press. They look like they’re about to drop their current tabloid wasteofspace, so perhaps they’d like another.

Albanach
    Free Member

Maybe Max Evans might start going out with Charlotte Church…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I do wonder. flee to the antipodes.

Markie
    Free Member

Idiot. I thought it all looked set up so nicely for him too, a good start at Toulon, a chance to break back into the Welsh squad…

backhander
    Free Member

I think it all a bit of a shame really. Very talented centre, still plenty to offer rugby but can’t get his attitude sorted.
    I was thinking the same as CFH in that he may well go to Oz. I have a feeling that wales will still take him to the WC though.
    Has Powell still got a job?

Pigface
    Free Member

Like AA I am a huge admirer of GH, one of the best players Wales have ever produced but enough is enough. I hope he finds whatever he is looking for but I am done with supporting him.

I am sure he will lose sleep over it 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I honestly can’t understand his thought process.

Slagging off your team mates in a bar is not a great idea at the best of times but to directly slag off Jonny Wilkinson, who – despite anyone’s personal view – is a man who has played at the very highest level and come away with the medals to prove he has the mental toughness to do so.

Can he not see that this perpetual ‘bigging himself up’ attitude can only carry you when you’ve actually got a very, very good record over a decent length of time, and even then it’s not really a great idea.

The way i see it he seems to think rugby owes him a living because he has a talent, the problem is Gavin lots of other blokes do too and they work a LOT harder at it than you have been doing.

All that talent and he’s blown it, he’ll not go to this WC and i can’t really see him anywhere near the Wales squad in 4 yrs time – in fact i’ll be very surprised if he’s even playing top flight rugby by then.

donsimon
    Free Member

“Henson has had an attitude which has been difficult to manage,” admitted Boudjellal on Friday.

Manager can’t deal with demanding player, so the solution is to sack shocker!

“He’s a cut above and makes me think of Sonny Bill Williams. They are boys who are cuts above. But sometimes they hit rock bottom.”

Maybe it’s the attitude that makes him a cut above the rest. 🙄

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/9465489.stm

backhander
    Free Member

Manager can’t deal with demanding player, so the solution is to sack shocker!

The point is he doesn’t have to. Henson was given a chance by a club who many very talented players would love to play for.
    What I will say though is the toulon management were concerned that he would be going to the world cup and in my opinion, this affected the decision to sack him.

Maybe it’s the attitude that makes him a cut above the rest.

Well he’s not the best player on the planet (by some margin) and other better players seem to be able to hold down a job.

donsimon
    Free Member

The point is he doesn’t have to.

This will go round in circles now, but there are also class managers who know how to deal with difficult players. Nice position for a manager to be in to be able to sack any one in the team who requires a bit of effort. Just saying it’s not always so clear for me.

Well he’s not the best player on the planet (by some margin) and other better players seem to be able to hold down a job.

And players with less of a profile who maybe get away with more.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

other better players

I heard someone compare and contrast him with BO’D. Both the same generation, similar positions, not too far apart in age.

One of them will be remembered as a great by everybody.

One of them will be remembered as a “could have been great” by some one-eyed welshmen 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One of them will be remembered as a great by everybody.

Not everybody, Darcy, not everybody.

donsimon
    Free Member

One of them will be remembered as a “could have been great” by some one-eyed w[b]W[/b]elshmen

🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not everybody, Darcy, not everybody.

Your opinion doesn’t count flashy. You couldn’t even dredge up the good grace to congratulate the Irish on their grand slam. If you don’t think O’Driscoll is great, then, honestly, what the **** do you know at all?!?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Thing is DS, whether you like him or not Jonny Wilkinson has been (and continues to be) a huge draw at Toulon, having some new bloke come in and start slagging him off was never going to go down well.
    Phillipe St Andre is no stranger to ‘difficult’ players as we saw from his time at Sale. PSA handled some players – Chabal for example – brilliantly, allowing him a little slack but always expecting him to step up and be a team player. Other players were out of the door, it depends on how they acted. PSA has a very low tolerance for violence from his players, one was fired after punching a visiting supporter who grabbed the player.

GH was pretty disinterested whilst at Sarries, that won’t have gone unnoticed by PSA, it’s a small world and players who are deemed to be lazy and/or have a bad attitude will get found out pretty quickly i think.

I honestly can’t see how he can come back from this, if he’d kept his head down and worked hard, polishing his skills and letting his rugby do the talking he would have been most likely have been on the plane to NZ this autumn, instead he’ll be sat at home wondering why he’s been picked on again 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Touched a nerve, have I, petal? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Touched a nerve, have I, petal?

Actually no flashy, but I can remember how quiet you were the day we won it. No grace, that’s your problem. Despite all that breeding you’d like to have STW think exists, you lack graciousness.

Oh and apologies to Simone for the lack of capital 😉 (Slap me again? 😉 ) x

donsimon
    Free Member

Thing is DS, whether you like him or not Jonny Wilkinson has been (and continues to be) a huge draw at Toulon, having some new bloke come in and start slagging him off was never going to go down well.

So who’s the prima donna then? Poor little Jonny… 😥

one was fired after punching a visiting supporter who grabbed the player.

Kind of difficult to defend, no?
    I was just pointing out a different point of view, two sides and all that… 😉

Proper bitch slapping for you sonny Jim.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Crikey, you remember that sort of thing? I may just have been in the pub, I really can’t remember! Sorry if my silence offended you so….

🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It seems he fought with Matt Henjak and slagged off JW and the Toulon Captain Joe Van Neikerk. I rather suspect it was the insulting of his Club Captain rather than JW that upset PSA – along with the fighting of course.
    He was annoyed at Sarries for not getting enough time in his ‘preferred positions’ – excuse me? You waltz out of Ospreys with your nose in the air after pee’ing off the club, spend 18 months fannying around then expect, nay, Demand that a Premiership Club should accomodate you rather than the other way around?
    You then slink off to Toulon, a big club in a League most players would love to play in and the first thing you do is insult, upset and fight with your team mates???

The lad is an idiot i’m afraid, a great talent unfortunately wasted on an immature, spoilt brat.

backhander
    Free Member

So who’s the prima donna then? Poor little Jonny…

??? what a ridiculous comment, he wasn’t even involved and may not even have been there. You could accuse JW of many things but he is no primadona.
    Henson, although a good player has pizzed off the management and players at Ospreys, Saracens and now Toulon. See a pattern emerging? Is it all of the respective coaches and players faults for not making allowances?
    It’s still a shame as I think the game would benefit from Henson in form playing good rugby and keeping his head down. It is seeming less and less likely to happen now.

donsimon
    Free Member

and slagged off JW

🙄

pizzed off

WTF??

See a pattern emerging? Is it all of the respective coaches and players faults for not making allowances?

Nicholas Anelka? Ring any bells?

Scamper
    Free Member

An idiot and wasted talent for sure, but still managed to achieve more than most on the international scene – lions test caps and 2 grand slams.

I half expect another Premiership level team will be taking him on – we won’t see him playing for Cornish Pirates anytime soon. Possibly on a pay as he plays deal, if that can be done.

backhander
    Free Member

and slagged off JW

And? How is JW a primadona because his team mates stuck up for him?

WTF??

WTF?

Nicholas Anelka? Ring any bells?

Nope

Anyway, it seems we may have jumped the gun;
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/apr/26/toulon-gavin-henson

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 337 total)

The topic ‘all hail the return of the king (rugby content)’ is closed to new replies.