• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by oink1.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • All day knee pads – comfy, lightweight and dont slip down
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

so my 1.5 year old fox enduro knee pads are now pretty much loose and wont stay up, to be honest they’ve always struggled with that, but the silicone grip bit has gone pretty much so theres no grip

after something similar lightweight, but that stays up on skinny legs and comfy for all dayers, do a lot of pedalling/climbing so don’t want them rubbing and falling down every 2 minutes like my enduro have done

any ideas, not too dear pref please 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

IXS Flow at a sensible price.

TLD Raid if you feel rich.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Skinny legs you say. That sounds like the problem I had with getting pads to stay in place and not to rub.

Currently got these and they have been excellent for all-day riding:
    Amplifi_MKII_Knee_Pads
    So impressed that I bought an extra pair whilst they are on sale for when these wear out.

proutster
    Free Member

I have these Ion K-Pact and we do the same kind of riding, even on the same hills 😉

They don’t slip down and give pretty good protection – have only had them since last autumn though, so they might get a bit hot when/if summer comes but other than that they get my vote.

iainc

recently got some Troy Lee Speed and they do exactly what you are looking for, in my case. I also have new POC VPD Air ones, which are a little heavier, a bot more protection, and nearly as comfy. Neither pair slide down and neither rub on long rides.

I must have ordered over 20 different sets of pads before settling on these 2 as it’s so much about the personal fit.

monkeyboyjc

Try some in shop – like helmets some will fit some won’t…..

sillysilly
    Free Member

Most recent Dainese pads are good for skinny legs and don’t slip.

arogers
    Free Member

+1 for IXS Flow. Great pads.

tomhoward

4 year old TLD 5450s here, still stay put, light, slimline hard shell, brilliant

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha proutster 8) 😆

they are a bit pricey for me at the mo, but they do look good though! I will check them out cheers

also liking the look of those IXS flow hobnob, they look very very similar to my fox but with straps, and all reports ive read say they don’t slip and are not noticeable when riding, and the cheapest ones too 🙂

whats sizing like on them?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

4 year old TLD 5450s here, still stay put, light, slimline hard shell, brilliant

Same here but 3 year old 5400’s.

Recently did an all dayer (around 8 hours) they didn’t move once and so comfy you don’t even notice you’re wearing them.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I’m measuring 39cm just above the knee, which is size small in ixs flow (38-40) but seemingly not instock anywhere in the uk?!?! any ideas who sells them, that maybe isn’t online or similar?

prawny

Just got some Nukeproof Critical Enduro pads, I’m in a Large and my legs aren’t huge (coming from Small 661 KS) comfy to pedal in, don’t slip and make a weird sucking noise when you take them off – it’s like they vacuum themselves on.

Logo is a bit lairy though, and on my Vitus I look like I’ve won a CRC competition.

spawnofyorkshire

For adjust-ability I like my endura singletrack pads. Straps top and bottom and you can easily take them on or off without removing shoes.
    They got a bit of a mauling in the singletrack review which i felt was a little unfair.
    As said above you need to try on different ones to see what fits. I got mine for <£40 which i though was great value. They aren’t the most breathable if that’s an issue to you (never is to me so i’m not the best benchmark for that)

MoreCashThanDash

If only a magazine with a website had just done a review of knee pads…..

iainc

I have a pair of twice used Bliss Minimalist ones in Small if you are interested…. 🙂

prezet
    Free Member

I’ve recently been looking for similar pads, I wanted something with more protection than my Fox Enduro’s, but without being full on DH style pads – reckon I tried on almost all of CRC’s stock!

In the end the IXS Flow won for me – and were only £50!

I ordered the large, fitting was accurate, although a little tight around the top which I think will give a little over time.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

prezet – Member 
    I’ve recently been looking for similar pads, I wanted something with more protection than my Fox Enduro’s, but without being full on DH style pads – reckon I tried on almost all of CRC’s stock!
    In the end the IXS Flow won for me – and were only £50!
    I ordered the large, fitting was accurate, although a little tight around the top which I think will give a little over time.

just what I wanted to hear, just ordered some from Germany as the only place I can see with size small look forward to getting them 🙂

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve got really skinny chicken legs and use G-Form pads. Knee and Elbow. Light enough not to notice and never had them fall down. Decent impact protection but they aren’t full on downhill protection.

oink1
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    If only a magazine with a website had just done a review of knee pads…..

😀 STW you say???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘All day knee pads – comfy, lightweight and dont slip down’ is closed to new replies.