Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • Alistair Carmichael, catspaw or lying toad.
  • Northwind

jambalaya – Member

The court ruled it didn’t impact the result.

CITATION NEEDED

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I think Jamba’s forgotten that the original case was bought by four of the electorate against a deadline, not knowing the possible outcome of the crowd funding appeal. ISTR they needed to raise £6000 as a deposit. If the case had gone against them, they’d have lost homes and all. One’s career would have ended.

That’s why the crowdfunding is important. To me it’s a democratic thing, shining a light on stuff an MP would rather we all forgot. How often do you hear them say ‘Let’s move on’?

He lied.

His next return to Orkney should make the news that day.

gordimhor

Guys. A politician is a liar. This is worth 6 pages?

Yes it’s really about whether we have democratic elections or not.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its one of those it really is a shocking state of affairs for our democracy that a serving minister can lie and this is deemed ok in terms of the electoral event this influenced.
    I realise we cannot get honourable people who are above impropriety but FFS do we really have to tolerate fraudsters as our representatives.

As for the Lib dems and democracy they really should be embarassed and someone needs to force this liar to stand aside as clearly he is a morality vacuum who has cost us all credibility and money

epicyclo

Carmichael’s stance on dishonest politicians (other than himself).

Oh, the irony! 🙂

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The cost decision has been released: AC has to pay his own. It couldn’t happen to a nicer chap.

The Orkney Four are covered by the crowd funding, I believe.

konabunny
    Free Member

Nelson Muntz quoted as saying “A-ha!”

He’s an Elder of the Church, and a Solicitor. This doesn’t stand well with being a liar. I suspect the Church and the Law Society are wondering what to do if this doesn’t go away quickly.

Unless I’m looking it up wrong, Carmichael isn’t a solicitor in Scotland or England and Wales.

scotroutes

He was a solicitor until 2001 – i.e. until he was elected as an MP

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s marvellous. Don’t forget he wasn’t only after his costs, he was after punitive damages. He wanted to punish his constituents for trying to hold him to account, and he wanted to make a financial profit from lying. Instead, we all know he’s a lying liar, and now he has to pay for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘Alistair Carmichael, catspaw or lying toad.’ is closed to new replies.