Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Alistair Brownlee for SPOTY?
  • Northwind

Love it tbh. Love that you can see Alistair laughing as he carries his bro, love that he just sort of throws him over the line… awesome.

aracer
    Free Member

It seems unlikely given they didn’t apparently break any rules – it’s allowed for competitors to assist each other in triathlon.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So you can assist but not draft?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Tell you what I don’t like about the triathlons I’ve seen? The fannying about high fiving people and having stroll about before crossing the line. It’s the equivalent of stopping the ball on the goal line, then nodding it over with your head in a football game.

salad_dodger

FunkyDunc – you can draft in ITC events so even though it’s supposedly an individual sport, you draft on the swim and bike to try and break the faster runners. Outside assistance is banned, but you’re allowed to receive it from fellow competitors to a degree.

franksinatra

I just heard the brothers being interviewed on Radio 4. It is hard to think of a more inspiring, funny, down to earth and properly nice athlete from any discipline.

I have never voted for SPOTY before but These guys deserve every piece of recognition they get

Bunnyhop

I had the misfortune yesterday of hearing Katie Price talking about her 5th autobiography (yes 5th) on radio, this was swiftly switched off.
    In contrast I had earlier heard the Brownlee brothers talking about their lives lives in and out of sport.What an enjoyable listen.

Yes AB for spoty.

ransos
    Free Member

Everyone knows that boring twunt Murray will win SPOTY again this year..

For the heinous crime of being a very successful British sportsman?

ads678

Is he as successful as Alistair Brownlee though?

DezB
    Free Member

Katie Price is a SPOTY nominee?

aracer
    Free Member

Let’s compare success in two completely different sports – I’m sure we’ll succeed in getting a definitive answer this time.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Cheat. Without drugs… Doesn’t quite compute…

Knee jerk response …anything must be banned and an editorial written in the Guardian condemning it.

Or SPOTY! A fake programme pretending that there is anything to do with personality or role models. Lewis as exhibit A.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Alistair Brownlee for SPOTY?’ is closed to new replies.