• This topic has 52 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Del.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Alienware laptops
  • nedrapier

My XPS 15 is about 6 years old. Still going strong with daily use. It’s had a new harddrive (went for SSD – lovely) and a new battery. I’d buy another.

cranberry
    Free Member

gofasterstripes -that looks like a nice machine, and probably a bit more compact with a 15.6″ screen rather than the Alienware 17 that has now arrived and is doing sterling service displaying Singletrack’s forum. 🙂

All in all, it a very nicely put together machine, though I have yet to put it through its paces transcoding a DVD. It is currently converting a shade under 7000 songs from FLAC to MP3.

JackHammer

MSI look good.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sounds good, cranberry :mrgreen:

cranberry
    Free Member

Ripping Ted 2 to HQ1080p30 Surround in Handbrake – average frames/sec = 174.

That’ll do nicely

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/10/alienware-aurora-review-gaming-pc/

It’s not a laptop, but I saw this and thought of this thread. Maybe AW is better than they used to be?

Cougar

MSI look good.

I wouldn’t, unless they’ve improved dramatically in recent years.

zokes
    Free Member

4K, depending which 4K standard you mean, is around 4000 by 2160 pixels. That’s a lot of pixels to cram into a laptop size display.

Apple have been near enough doing it for years with the MBPr. I’m using mine now, it’s a marked improvement on the two 27″ monitors I have on my main desk.

cranberry
    Free Member

Indeed.

And a high resolution screen makes singletrack come alive.

😉

zokes
    Free Member

😆

allan23
    Free Member

MSI look good.

I wouldn’t, unless they’ve improved dramatically in recent years. [/quote]

OK for budget but you get what you pay for, mine still works and does all I need at home, build quality leaves a lot to be desired, broken hinge plastic, base plastics cracked, replaced the fan as the orginal was rattling after 18 months.

It was gaming spec laptop for just under £600 – I can live with a few broken bits of plastic if the screen and hardware stays good, it’s lasted for a couple of years ao far.

Del

^ happy with mine too. it’ll only leave the table if I have to be away for a week.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Alienware laptops’ is closed to new replies.