Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alien, Hexus, Crank Bros 19 or something else?
  • fbk
    Free Member

So I’ve gone and lost my trusty Alien II and Christmas is coming!

I know this has been done before but I couldn’t really find much on a search.

Aliens are pretty expensive but they are great. Having said that, I rarely used the spanners, chain hook, tyre lever or spoke keys and some of the allen key positions are impossible to use. Is the Alien III any better in that respect.

I need something that’s large enough to be able to use the tools properly. It has to have the usual allen keys, torx 25, screw driver and Chain tool.

Can anyone offer any better suggestions.

Ta in advance 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh dear – I got a Crank Bros 19 one you can have mate? Its a tiny bit corroded but otherwise fine and its got the case as well 🙂

wwaswas

I’ve got a Hexus (well hummer but same thing?) and a CB19.

think the Hexus is more convenien and the chain tool is better but the CB one is nicerer and comes in a case 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Hmm. I did like the fact the Alien was in a case – stops it rusting quite so quickly! 🙂

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I have an Alien and a CB19, both live on the bikes, one on the roadie one on the MTB to be honest in use and tools I don’t think there is much to choose between them, they are IMHO both very good, and haven’t let me down yet*

*fingers crossed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alien, Hexus, Crank Bros 19 or something else?’ is closed to new replies.