Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alfine hub… touring option..can you tell me please..
  • vondally
    Free Member

eldest daughter is touring this summer northern india, nepal and upto tibet possibly, a bloke at uni who has done a lot of touring in india recommended an alfine hub…..he had his on a single speed frame.

Now is this madness or sensible?

All advice welcome

vondally
    Free Member

bump 😀

Berserked
    Free Member

I’d say yes, from my experience they are hassle free and very dependable, Ive been using one for a few years now on my offroader and Ive found it great..To be honest I dont think I’ll go back to derailers, I just would love an 11 speed one! I’d also love my commuter to have one too…

Sounds like an amazing trip shes doing, Ive been up to the north of india on a bike…landscape is breathtaking AND marijuana grows on the side of the road! Not to mention the foooood mmmmmmm…Good luck to her!

Ray 🙂

Ray

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    u02sgb
    Free Member

Used mine (Alfine 8 ) for a couple of winters offroad too and it’s still running fine. It’s heavy but it’s been zero maintenance. The first winter all I did was oil the chain occasionally.

Don’t know if the 11’s reliability is as good as the 8 but I’ve no actual experience to base this on. Would definitely be getting one if it was me.

vondally
    Free Member

thanks Ray,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alfine hub… touring option..can you tell me please..’ is closed to new replies.