Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alfine 8 with Nexus 16t chain length issue on Pompetamine
  • goyawave
    Free Member

It’s time to change the sprocket and chain on my Pompetamine. I have been running a Nexus 16t on the Alfine 8 internal hub gear. It has been great for top end speed and still have a low enough gear for hills.

However, when I fitted it all last time, I remember not being able to find the ideal position in the horizontal drop out. My rotor would either clash with the disk brake or to maintain chain tension, the rotor would miss the pads! In the end I went with the latter until the chain stretched enough to take out a link and get it within the pads.

The adjustment on the position of the brake does not help either.

Would a half link chain resolve the issue? Any down side to using one?

smokey_jo

I ended up using a half link whilst the chain bedded in. Still got it in the shed. Email me tomorrow and I’ll send it to you.

simon1975

That sounds pretty standard for those On-one slotted brake mounts; I’ve had similar experience with the Inbred, ScandAl and Pompetamine… Often resort to using a half-link in the chain; nothing to worry about!

shermer75
    Free Member

Just had a similar problem with my Surly Troll, in the end I used a 40mm adapter instead of the 20mm one that is recommended for a 160mm rotor. £5.99

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 8 with Nexus 16t chain length issue on Pompetamine’ is closed to new replies.