Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Alfine 11 rotary shifters ?
  • crikeythisissteep
    Free Member

I would like to get an Alfine 11 – possibly on existing bike or on ready made bike. Not just yet, but in a year or so.

However, I believe Shimano do not sell rotary shifters for it.

I would only have rotary shifters. So, does anyone know of any rotary shifter that would work with Alfine 11 ?

Has anyone actually fitted rotary ? Was it successful ?

All info much appreciated.

thepodge
    Free Member

Due to cable pull being different to most / all other systems I think you’d only be able to use the shimano specific one.

Microshift do some other alfine / nexus shifters so maybe they’ll do one at some point

STATO
    Free Member

The alfine 8 has the same cable pull per click so that would get you 8 of the 11, youd have to pull one apart to see if it would be possible to ‘manufacture’ some extra clicks. Basically your going to be stuck with a trigger i reckon.

crikeythisissteep
    Free Member

Thanks all – at least I now know the current situation.

I’ll keep a lookout for developments …

nicko74

The alfine 8 has the same cable pull per click so that would get you 8 of the 11,

Is the shift indexed at the hub (as Rohloff), or at the shifter? If it’s the former, it should be easier to adjust a grip shifter for an 11-speed Alfine; if the latter, it could be a bit more tricky.

Or you could hang on and see about this Di2 electronic shifting that apparently is on its way for Alfine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 11 rotary shifters ?’ is closed to new replies.