Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Aldi softshell
  • craig24
    Free Member

Anyone tried the new ones –

https://www.aldi.co.uk/men%27s-softshell-cycling-jacket/p/064267006709000

Any good? Boil in a bag?

RustySpanner

Review here on road.cc.

Bought 3 lightweight and 3 heavyweight ones 8 or so years ago.

They’ve been great, but are getting really tatty now.
    One pocket needed stiching, been very good apart from that.

Aldi seemed to go off a bit for a couple of years but these look OK.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The ones I bought 4-5 years ago were great. The newer ones seem to have pretty rough fitting, materials and continued use of 80s-euro-neon-colours.

These look like they could be a bit better. Worth a punt for the price.

craig24
    Free Member

Cheers, review sounds good. Think I will give it ago.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I bought a couple of them for commuting but as usual they are better than expected and I end up wearing them for every type of riding. I used it this morning for commuting and whilst it was warmer out than it looked I didn’t overheat. For the money they are hard to beat. I have paid much more for branded softshells in the past that haven’t been as good. I need to stop buying them though. Last count I have 9.
    Edit after seeing the review: I have long arms and the sleeves on mine don.t come up short at all and I haven’t noticed them being baggy.

prawny

I’ve got two as well, bought a red one last year that was my main softshell, then when I started commuting over the winter became my main jacket for all weathers. Theyre good to temps down to just below freezing I fits dry with a short sleeve base layer and long sleeve Jersey under. With the sleeves off they’re good on days like today. The Napoleon pocket is handy for a bit of extra venting if it’s a bit warm too.

Bought a fluro one this time round ready for the autumn, can’t be too careful eh.

Andy

I have bought one of these in blue. Large fit is spot on, arms are fine. Looks well designed. Cant speak about longevity but very pleased with it – possibly the best cycling bargain this year!!!

hooli

I have one, it’s good. Even better when you consider how cheap it is.

Handy to be able to take the arms off too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Aldi softshell’ is closed to new replies.