Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Aldi petrol lawnmower…Opinions?
  • cjr61

Fed up with our old electric thing. This ‘seems’ good value. Relatively small garden (x2). Any opinions on this? Better alternatives?

Thanks

https://www.aldi.co.uk/self-propelled-petrol-lawnmower/p/060469124844700

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Briggs and Stratton engines are generally very reliable, but those “wire” handles look a bit flimsy.
    Spares may be an issue if this is only available from Aldi…

cjr61

Thanks. Is £180 good for a basic petrol mower?

Drac
    cjr61

Thanks Drac. So they look pretty similar just an extra £40 for self powered?

Drac

Seems to be.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I bought one about 3 years ago. The garden I had was big so self propelled was a treat. My current garden isn’t that big so I rarely use that feature.
    It’s still going strong if that helps.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member
    cjr61

Thanks all. Think as Monkeychild said I have a small ish garden so self propelled isn’t a big need.

Lidl one looks pretty good.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Where are you?

I have a little Briggs and Stratton sitting in the garage. Hunts a bit and needs the idler adjusting. You can have it for £40.

cjr61

Thanks gobuchul…I’m based near Redditch off the M42 but work in Coventry. Travel down the M40 every couple of weeks to Basingstoke also.

Any good?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Not worth the trip, I’m down in Kent.

joebristol

I did the petrol lawnmower thing start of last summer. Our garden is on a slight slope but nothing major – the self propelled function is great. You’d be surprised how heavy petrol mowers are compared to electric ones.

At £180 you probably aren’t a long way off a branded make that should have spares easily available. Maybe just check online / b&q etc. I got my mower from abbey garden sales in Tavistock – although I ordered it online.

Went for a lawnflite self propelled mower with a roller. Been brilliant so far – first pull this year and it started first time. Probably needs an annual service which I might do myself – but it ran perfectly after not being touched since about October.

Bit over the £180 budget though – but I got a. It excitable looking for a mower and like striped grass.

scaredypants

Spring’s maybe not the time for a bargain but I’d have a look at a few big online sellers. I got one last winter – 51cm blade, Honda engine, self-propelled – from abbey garden sales for 250 or so

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Aldi petrol lawnmower…Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.