Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Aldi Cycling Tights/Trousers
  • Coogie
    Free Member

Anybody know the leg length of the recent Aldi cycling tights in L or XL?

I’m just over 6′ with a 34″ inside leg and trying to choose the right size for leg length

Ta

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m 6 foot an went for the XL they are pretty baggy though except around the calf area.

welshfarmer

I am 6″ and bought some XL ones reduced to under £10. They are a touch too large (but not sooo baggy to be unuseable) so if I was going to shell out full price I would be looking for a large.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sheeps

I’m 6″ and bought the L ones – slightly disappointed as the cut leaves an exposed section on your back. (EDIT) – with a 33″ inside leg

scruff9252

Im 192cm with 34″ leg & Went for xl last time around. They are cut for those of a womble physique so are laughably baggy on me. Still quite warm though.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

The worst pad i`ve ever had the privilege of wearing in 20+ years of cycling, undercarriage trashed within an hour of the first wear had to mainly ride out of the saddle for the next 2 hours!!! Gutted as chuffed to bits at the bargain price. Next move is rip out the pad and wear them on top of quality shorts.

Coogie
    Free Member

Cheers all,
    I missed the Aldi deal but have found them on eBay for a little more. I have a medium pair but they are too short. I’m a slim 6′ but need the long leg to cover boot cuff etc. Sounds like the L would be about right

stumpy01

smiththemainman – Member

The worst pad i`ve ever had the privilege of wearing in 20+ years of cycling, undercarriage trashed within an hour of the first wear had to mainly ride out of the saddle for the next 2 hours!!! Gutted as chuffed to bits at the bargain price. Next move is rip out the pad and wear them on top of quality shorts.

+1/2 on this….

I bought a pair of the tights about 4/5 weeks ago after a PSA on here. Went for the mediums, smalls would probably have been OK too.
    But, cripes – the pad. Erm! It’s a bit, erm, nappy like. Feels like I’ve wedges something the size of the yellow pages in me groin.
    It’s not actually too bad when I have rode in them (twice, I think) so long as you stay in the saddle.
    But any walking around and they are horrid. Plus, they catch very easily on the saddle when you stand up.

2nd pair of cheap ‘bottoms’ I’ve bought – the others were a pair of Decathlon shorts. Both have been a waste of money to be honest, as they aren’t a patch on more expensive branded offerings; even mid-range dhb’s have them well and truly beaten in the comfort stakes.

codybrennan
    Free Member

+3 on the pad.

A shame, as the trousers themselves are otherwise great VFM.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Glad a few more have felt the pain :(!!! thought Id just been unlucky, to be honest stopped and had a rummage down there thinking Id left some packaging/covering in place!!! 😀

welshfarmer

Yeah, I will agree about the pad. Definitely not is the same league as even a cheap Endura pad

M6TTF
    Free Member

33″ leg. Tried the large and found them too short. Xl would have been like a tent. Took em back

germolene
    Free Member

I,m very small and did not bother. Just buy them and take them back if they don’t fit its easy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Aldi Cycling Tights/Trousers’ is closed to new replies.