Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Aldi compressors
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

Anyone have these ..are they any good or should I look elsewhere ..?
    They’re in Thursday btw

scaredypants

I have one – no idea how good it really is but the can is large and it’s great for seating tyres. Looks pretty much identical to that pic, though mines several years old.
    (cost has at least doubled since I got mine though – came with a load of tools for about 50 quid)

windydave13
    Free Member

My old man has had one for a couple of years now and it’s been faultless. He’s run impact wrenches, air chisels etc off it with no issue what so ever. He’s planning to use it to re-spray his MG once he’s finished sorted all the rot/rust out.

I’ve used it to seat tyres when my Clarke one wouldn’t and it’s worked every time.

If you’re not desperate for one, see if they sell out or not. I’ve seen one go for £50 in my local Aldi when the offer was over and they wanted shut of them

andyl
    Free Member

Got one of those and the Green Parkside. Both are rated at 2.5hp but the Lidl one seems to be drawing 2hp when I put a clamp meter on the cable.

Quality of the quick connects is a bit poor but they are easily replaced. On the whole they are good for the money. I paid £100 for the Aldi and £80 for the lidl. I use them hooked up to a 65l tank from an old vertical 0.5hp compressor and mount one of the 24L tanks downstream next to where I am working.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Well.. I tried 2 different stores this morning and none there, apparently some problem from suppliers.
    Anyway decided to look in local screwfix.
    25ltr Stanley compressor with free kit (of which is extra £19 in Aldi) for £99 .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If the Aldi generator is anything to go by, I wouldn’t bother. I had one at the puffer and it nearly shook itself to death. Took an awful lot of welding to get back into a useable condition, god knows how long it’ll last now though.

sssimon
    Free Member

I got a sip for £85 from local tool merchant last week as my dads lidl one gave up again and they gave him his money back, far superior

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Aldi compressors’ is closed to new replies.