• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by naffa.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Aldi bike light pack. Twin Cree front + cob rear
  • benz
    Free Member

Saw these in my local Aldi.

They twin Cree front looks handy as a back-up light.

Has anyone bought these and how was the front?

Thanks.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yup, not as good as the lezyne ones they’re copying but perfectly good for commuting or as a lightweight emergency backup off road light. Rear is ok too, not amazeballs but entirely usable

tjagain

seem fine to me. You won’t win the lumen wars and the rear is a bit small but fine for commutting

luke0912
    Free Member

Impressed with mine, definitely enough light as a backup and battery life seems pretty respectable too.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You won’t get any better for your £15 but you could do a lot worse. For what they are they are a bargain.

D0NK

Yup, not as good as the lezyne ones they’re copying

what’s the difference? Haven’t got a lezyne to compare, but I presumed it was the same light from same factory just rebranded.

Anyone using as a helmet light? how do you mount it?

Managed to get it on my road helmet as there’s a vent in just the right place, still a bit of a faff to get on tho. Did a good job of helmet light, with a flood bar mount on a cx ride on tues. Took nipper for a ride last week, did a decent job (again on a cx, slow speed, tame trails) as my only light on the bars.

addy6402

Have been using these this week. Pretty good power for the money and the mounts are fine for commuting use.

twojumpers

what’s the difference? Haven’t got a lezyne to compare, but I presumed it was the same light from same factory just rebranded

From what I can see the main difference are the modes you can choose from.

selaciosa
    Free Member

Keep your receipt. Water will get inside it and it will fail.

D0NK

Keep your receipt. Water will get inside it and it will fail.

just like every other bike light I’ve ever owned then. My proper lezyne ktv rear light only lasted slightly over 18 months, bit disappointed with that.

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Just bought these lights so I don’t have to keep moving my current lights from bike to bike. I haven’t tested them out on a ride yet but they seem fantastic!. Front light very bright, probably just enough to use even on unlit roads on maximum. Only thing I dont like is the light and mount is all one unit, it appears it can only be removed by undoing an allen key bolt but thats not really an issue as the silicon strap makes it easy to take on/off.

Rear light also very bright and nice and slim and compact. I have a Lezyne KT2 Drive Rear light which is rated at 9 Lumens, this is definitely brighter I’d say between 15-30 lumens!.

Absolute bargain!

naffa
    Free Member

Just wanted to resurrect this thread as I have a set that I’m charging for the first time.
    Ive plugged the front into my laptop and the on/off button, its flashing green.
    How do I know when its fully charged?
    How long should it take?

Thanks, Naffa

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Aldi bike light pack. Twin Cree front + cob rear’ is closed to new replies.