Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Aldi Air Compressors – which hose/tools?
  • kevin1911

Evening!

After a few recent tubeless tyre incidents where tyres wouldn’t seat properly on rims, I decided to buy one of the Aldi air compressors I’ve read lots about on here over the years. Turns out though that it doesn’t come with any hoses or tools.

It seems to be a ‘euro’ coupling, which I think is different to the normal BSP 1/4″ fitting. It’s all a bit bewlidering. Now I know how cycling newbies feel when they try to order a new BB.

Are any of you kind souls able to point me in the direction of a decent hose and set of air tools that will fit the bill compressor? Preferably on the inexpensive side.

With thanks!

Is anyone

benpinnick

Aldi compressors are rebadged Airmasters I think… not that this matters. Any hose kit will do (you can normally find something aldi/lidl quality for around 15-20 inc pressure trigger and hose). If its a 1/4 connector then you just need a convertor for the coupler style. Screwfix sell them for £1.69 (Just checked 🙂 )

bigblackshed

Screw fix is your friend.

SCREWFIX HERE

Unless they have changed the fittings it will be a BSP fitting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kevin1911

The instructions say it’s “Euro Quick Coupling”, which seems to be different from BSP as far as I can see?

kevin1911

Ok, I think my tiny brain has just seen the light. Plug 2 of these in, and I can use normal BSP hoses and fittings. Er, I hope…

Tracey

Call in your local Aldi, ask for the store manager and see if they have any tools and hoses/pumps left in the back. Worked for us, got a load of stuff that was left over very cheap.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Aldi Air Compressors – which hose/tools?’ is closed to new replies.