• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ski.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Aldershot magistrates conviction check
  • teef
    Free Member

Without going into any details I want to check if somebody was banned from driving at Aldershot magistrates court last week. Is there any way of finding out on the internet / other method?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sort of stuff that goes into the local paper

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

call the court office and ask about a case. At least you can find out if it went on.

xiphon
    Free Member

Is there an official public record of convictions?

teef
    Free Member

Is there an official public record of convictions?

That’s what I’m trying to find out!

Bregante

Court hearings are generally heard in public and the results a matter of public record. Ring the general number and explain that you would like a court result for Rv”whoever” but be prepared to explain your connection to the case.

higthepig
    Free Member

Local newspaper does not always record all cases. A work mate of mine was convicted of DD, her solicitor arranged for the case to be held at the end of the sitting, by then the Court Reporter had already left to type up their copy. We didn’t find out for quite a time afterwards that she had been banned.

{Edited due to poor spelling!}

martinhutch

Many local papers don’t really have the staff to sit someone in magistrates all day, many will simply pop someone in to chat to the staff and look at the list, and only sit around if something catches their eye.

The document you are after is called the ‘register of decisions’, I think, and courts are allowed to provide it to local papers, so I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to visit the court and see it. There may be a fee for this, though, and I doubt they’d post it out to you.

ski
    Free Member

Check twitter, I know there is a account set up for my local court that lists daily convictions.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Aldershot magistrates conviction check’ is closed to new replies.